Thread: Anyone still do Multivario Base Repair?

Anyone still do Multivario Base Repair?

Hi Folks,

Dug my old K75 Multivario out of storage and noticed the elastic webbing on the base is shot - does anyone still repair these? Bob Weiss maybe?

Thanks!
    Ted
    "A good stick is a good reason"
    1994 K75RT
    Moto Pages

chuck_donahue
    Take it to a shoe repair shop.

LindaT at http://www.customtankbags.com/ repaired mine very nicely.
    David Brick
    Santa Cruz CA
    2007 R1200R

Thanks Chuck and Dave! I will contact Linda, I haven't talked with her in some time and did not know she had moved into tankbag repair (maybe she can resurrect my K11 base, missing one of the "arms" from the bridge crackup...) The local cobbler wanted $90 and I supply materials, man I got to find a new cobbler!

I will post before and after pics
    Ted
    1994 K75RT
    Moto Pages

So how did it go? I just picked up, oddly enough, two multivario bags. I can only assume the condition from the pictures, but and already looking for repair options should I need them.
    1994 K75/2

Owner/Designer, LampOneDesigns.com

I ended up buying a K75 and it came with a K75 Multivario in new condition Interestingly enough, both the K75 and K11 bag parts work fine on the K75 base.

That said, I continue to hear great things about Linda's work.
    Ted
    1994 K75RT
    Moto Pages

I found the advice to use a shoe repair shop to be spot on. The elastic part of the base of my Multivario bag for my oilhead was shot. I wanted to use some heavy nylon strapping for the Fastex connector rather than the elastic. The shoe repair shop made the repair very quickly for less than $10.

The base of several of my Multivario bags had degraded. I bought some foam (closed cell - water resistant) about one inch thick. I removed the remminants of the old foam and cut an appropriate sized piece of the new foam. I used the 3M Super Adhesive stuff to glue the new foam in place. The tank bags are like new.

Quote Originally Posted by dbrick View Post
    LindaT at http://www.customtankbags.com/ repaired mine very nicely.
    Just got mine back from Linda. She did a REALLY nice job - better than factory original.

Price depends on bag construction. Mine was the sidewall mount, making it the most difficult / expensive. Still, it was only $25 for the repair and $10 for priority mail shipping.

If you need your bag repaired correctly, with no hassle, be sure to contact Linda!
    Loch Miwa
    Galway, Ireland
    2006 R1200GS