• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Adirondaks Upstate New York

M

Mattlock

Hi I am new to the forum. I am planning a trip to the Adirondaks. Wanted to know if any of you had any good ideas of places to ride up there. I was thinking of heading to Lake George taking route 9N up towards Lake Placid then taking Route 30 on the way back down past Tupper lake, Indian Lake, Etc. Thought maybe some of you might have some good ideas or better yet might want to come along. Im thinking after July 4th weekend and just waiting for a good weather forecast. Appreciate the help. Stay safe.

Hey Mattlock, welcome to the Forum!

You can't get any better riding in NYS than in the Adirondacks. There are several members who live much closer than I do who I know will chime in here, but your basic plan is sound and would be a great introduction to the area, particularly if you've never been there.

My recommendation, if you're coming from Bergen County, would be to approach from the West via NY RT 17 to Roscoe, cross the Catskills on 206 and catch RT 30 at Downsville, which will take you North on some very nice roads and scenery through Delaware, Schoharie and Montgomery counties and then right on to the heart of the Adirondacks: Indian Lake, Blue Mountain Lake and Tupper Lake. From there, you can continue on 30 or choose to go East to Saranac Lake and Lake Placid, up to Au Sable or down towards Lake George, etc.

It's a beautiful area to ride in. Best of luck and Enjoy. :thumb

You can shoot up to New Paltz-to rt28 to 30. Once in Lake Placid shoot over to VT via ferry. Take 100 back down. I believe you can pick up Rt 7 into NY and avoid the Thru-way. I did this trip two years ago, accept I took the Thru-way home to beat out a storm.

Thank you very much for the great ideas. I am going to check out some of these roads on a map. I am looking forward to it just need the rain to stop.

I'll be there!

I will be in Tupper Lake on the 11th and 12th. I am leaving the Fingerlakes region of NY and going to Burlington VT. for the first stop. I'll be taking the ferry across Lake Champlain to get into the Adirondacks. I'll be going through Lake Placid and Saranac Lake on Friday the 10th. Maybe we'll cross paths - Black 01 GS

Mike

Click here for the big picture. All the roads in the Adirondacks are great riding.

0521LakePlacid027.jpg

If you are in the Lake Placid region the big ski jump is worth a visit.

0521LakePlacid007.jpg

Stop between Lake Saranac and Lake Placid for lunch or dinner at Tail of the Pup

Back