• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Children's gear

Here's a copy of my previous post regarding gear I bought for my (then) 9 year old son, Eric. He's now 11, and the same gear is serving him well.

"Last year, I purchased gear from BabyBiker.com for my 10 year old son, and we couldn't be happier. The quality of his coat, pants and gloves rivals that of my Olympia, TourMaster or Cortech gear, or my wife's Rev'It gear. Armor in all the right places, lots of pockets, zip out quilted waterproof liners, great fit and finish--and a price tag to match! Shipping was relatively inexpensive and quick from the UK to NY, maybe 3-4 days by parcel post. Do yourself a favor so you don't have to do this every year, I bought my son a coat and pants which both have a 2" zippered extension; one around the knees, and one at the shoulders. This will hopefully allow him to grow, but not outgrow the gear in one year. It costs just a little bit more than the ones without the zipper extension, but you might squeeze and extra season or two out of it. I also bought him winter weight nylon gloves to match, and they're great too. Nothing but good things to say about them, and they were very helpful sizing too. Make sure you give them ALL of your kids' measurements to insure the right fit, and keep in mind these things run tight and small. We had to return one pair of pants, even though the size sounded right, they were way too tight for my son. Play it safe and go a little bigger. You'll love the stuff. Nowhere is gear like this available in the states; Lord knows I tried for almost a year, until I found these guys."

Attachments

• eric1.jpg
    eric1.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 241
Where can I get some gear for a 6 yr old?

Babybiker.com

Their a UK outfitter. They used to have a distributor in the US but not any more. I bought a jacket and pants for my 10 year old. Priced comparable (even with shipping) to gear we'd buy for ourselves. High quality. And the C/S they give is second to none. Tania and I must have swapped about 10 emails over sizes and availability and such so that she could be sure she got me the right stuff.

Highly recommended.

Ironically enough

BMW makes (or did make) some really good quality gear for young people. I bought some pants for my daughter when she was about 7 or 8 and they were very well paid... I mean made!

Thanks for the imput. I already started looking at the suit that BMW makes for kids but will look into those other options as well!

I have a child sized Gerbing heated jacket I would be willing to sell for $100. Never used at all!

Voni
sMiling

MX boots

I have a pair of MX boots - size 5 that my 9-10yo son wore for too short of time. They are made by Fox and are black; in excellent condition. $40 plus shipping.

Voni,
Please ck the private message from me about the jacket. I may not be able to get back with you until early next week. I am doing the Not Superman rally on Saturday in Cape.
Donna

Back