• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

1st Time Going to the Rally in TN

W

wchargis

This is the first time attending the Rally.

TELL ME ALL ABOUT IT!!!!!

Camping vs Hotels??

Seminars good?

Good Tech Help?

Merchandise for Sale?

Flea Market?

Let me hear it all!

Camping on site will let you experience the entire rally and allow you to meet more folks/new friends. Plus you can always stumble your way back to your tent if you spend too much time...

The seminars are always good, from my experience. Depends what you're interested in, though.

There is always somebody around who might be able to help. What are you riding?

There are more items for sale than you've got money for. I would suggest walking through the vendor area to see what there is, without money, first. Then go walk around, go back to camp, and think about what you've seen and what you want/need, then make your best choice.

These are only my opinions. I'm sure there are lots of others. Volunteer if you want to meet lots of friends you didn't know you had.

Well--as head bartender I am definitely gong to take you advise.

I have a 1971 R75/5. Just got it a few weeks ago. Having a great time on it. I am not a mechanic but like to keep my bikes in mechanically the best condition I can. It is kind of like the tool story---if you have the right tool for the job the job will be done better and with less trouble. I feel that way about my bikes.

Cheers

My first was Vermont, Made friends I still ride with today even though they are from 500 miles away. Best experience ever, it made me realize I wasn't the only nut on a BMW. My home town of 50,000 people only has about 5 other BMW riders and two don't want to talk. Anyway it will be a great experience, camp, food, stuff to buy etc. Have a blast and make friends. Very organized events, not a lot of crazy disrespectful people etc.

Brett Endress
Altoona PA

With a /5 you'll definitely want to investigate the Airheads and Airhead Central. Good folks and lots of help and advice available, especially if you are a member.

My first Rally Too....

I am riding my 1982 R100RT up there from Jacksonville, Florida - camping onsite - will be at beer garden most of time AFTER my daily rides through the area...

Can't wait for the cold beer, meet new friends, another cold beer, and another.....

:bar

This is the first time attending the Rally.

TELL ME ALL ABOUT IT!!!!!

Camping vs Hotels?? Camping, the three "F's of fun! "friends, food fond memories" ps bring ear plugs!
Seminars good? Great if you have time! Look over the selections ahead of time to make sure you get to where youre going!
Good Tech Help? everywhere, from the next door tent to the PER fessianals

Merchandise for Sale? OMG! Everything you need, want, desire..

Flea Market? bikes for sale!
Food, music, thousands of bikes to oogle

Let me hear it all!

Good times!

All good comments above. I am confident you will enjoy it if you like BMW motorcycles, good friends and farkles galore! Now maybe I am a little biased....but.....I'll bet this will not be your last one! :dance

For me it's a family affair.

In 2006 I was in Vermont with my wife, son and daughter - we stayed in a hotel, but didn't meet a lot of people. In 2007, my son, daughter and I camped at the rally in West Bend. We volunteered, met lots of people and had a great time. In 2008 at Gillette, my wife, son, daughter and I camped. We spoke to lots of people that we had met the prior year.

This year it looks like it will be just me and my daughter - my son is working and my wife is visiting family. We'll be camping, volunteering, visiting with friends, and having a good time.

airheads and family vs solo

"With a /5 you'll definitely want to investigate the Airheads and Airhead Central. Good folks and lots of help and advice available, especially if you are a member."

I was going to say the same thing - stop by the airhead tent and introduce yourself. Do not except someone to fix your bike for you. However they will gladly help you fix it and answer questions. If you are not an Airhead you can join the club there.

Family vs solo? My wife and I love to ride together. We do a lot together. She does not go deer hunting and I do not go to the knitting circle. We to rallies together. I think the main thing would be ages of the kids and if your wife is interested in motorcycles. The friends you met and the whole theme is motorcycles. It is the one thing we all have in common, weather you drive a fork lift, deliver pop or your a doctor, we all ride.
I'm sure I will see you there.
Steve (the little guy riding a R60/6 from MN)

I am riding my 1982 R100RT up there from Jacksonville, Florida - camping onsite - will be at beer garden most of time AFTER my daily rides through the area...

Can't wait for the cold beer, meet new friends, another cold beer, and another.....

:bar

I will be leaving Jax the Sun before the Rally in order to spend some time in the N GA mountains above Helen, GA. I have volunteered for the Beer tent at the Rally. Ride Safe :usa :usa

Back