• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tire choice question

bandman

I have been using Pilot Roads and my last set was a set of Pilot Road II's. Although they wore ok, I would like to get more miles out of a set of tires. Most of my riding is on highway and much is two up riding. I have a 2000 k1200RS. Metzlers will probably be my next set but what model would members recommend for higher miles. I presently get about 5000 - 6500 miles on a set of PR II's Any help? Grip is also a factor especially in rain. The U.P. is moist various times of the year.

Last edited:
The 880's will last longer than the Z-6's(especially on the rear) but not quite as sticky. :blah:blah -The Z-6 will exceed what you stated for your present tire.

I like to be different so about ten years ago I installed a set of Pirelli entry level tires on a Mercury Topaz and they were very decent tires, especially in the wet. The Topaz died with the Pirellis still on it.

Figuring Ferrari, Maserati, and Lambroghini knew what they were doing, I just had installed on my Rockster a set of Pirelli (who owns Metzler incidentally) Diablo Stradas, known for grip in the rain and mileage. I am not a hot shot but a commuter/tourer.

I could feel the increased responsiveness from mile one.

I have less than a thousand miles on them but so far so good.

Back