• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Hello from California

D

Doors03

New member here, my name is Daniel and currently ride a newly aquired 2009 F800GS. I have been riding for about twenty years on and off. Started out on a Suzuki 500, then on to a GSXR750. The wife made me sell the GSXR after seeing me crash. Some years later she has agreed to welcome the idea again. So this brings me to the F800GS. From the lerking I have done here so far, this seems like a great group of people and I look forward to learning from your experiences and I hope I have the opportunity to bring something to the table as well.

Thank you,

Daniel
:rocker

Welcome Daniel! You do indeed have a great area to play with your new bike.

I look forward to seeing what you bring to the table.:eat

Welcome Daniel - you are in a great riding area with a great bike.

Post a picture of your bike when you get a chance.

Welcome Daniel,

I started riding as a kid on Dad's new '68 R50/2, and almost 40 years later came back to the boxer. My left shoulder, weakened by a massive bone spur and then a torn rotator cuff (and twice "repaired") makes me head to low COG, low weight, and low handlebar bikes. At 5'11, with 33" sleeve length, I sit straight up on what most people refer to as "crotch rockets".

I am also very knowledgable on e-farkles, as in the new Garmin Nuvi 660, if you want to ask away.

Welcome Daniel.

Now I have bike envy. Great ride you have there.

Glad to have you here and looking forward to a ride report (with pics of course).

Hope you can join the party in TN this summer with 9,000 of your closest, newest friends.

Ride Well.

Back