• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2010 Rally Location

gsinnc

Hmmm ... I have not seen and thread about the location of the 2010 rally location? By this time of the year there is always a buzzz about where the next years event will be. And ideas??

It was this thread,
http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=35385

That is the way the MOA makes an announcement, they put it in a thread that does not state what it is about.
They don't put it on the web site or in the ON.:banghead

You are just supposed to know.:scratch

That thread was not an official MOA announcement - it was posted by a forum member who was at (or watched remotely) the last board meeting.

I'm sure it will show up in the ON, though it's likely they are focused on Johnson City, and you will see it printed after the rally is over. That still gives people a year to plan. If you need to know these things sooner, you can always head to St. Louis for a board meeting (or get online and watch the webcast from home).

Has that been published in the BMW MOA magazine? Where? what page? what dates?
max

The "Official Announcement" is always published in the October issue of the BMW Owners News. This is done out of respect for the current national rally.

From the minutes of the April Board meeting:
Our big announcement is the 2010 Rally site has been selected. We are returning to Redmond, OR. Deb Lower and Stan Hermann will be Rally Chair/co-Chair. July 14-18, 2010.

The "Official Announcement" is always published in the October issue of the BMW Owners News. This is done out of respect for the current national rally.

...Deb Lower and Stan Hermann will be Rally Chair/co-Chair.

ha... i ran into deb and stan out at the world superbike race in utah.

first time to meet stan.

i knew about the location, but didn't know they were the rally chairs.... otherwise i would have offered my condolences. :ha

ian

2303 miles sounds like a SaddleSore/BunBurner combo possibility!!! Just saying....

ha... i ran into deb and stan out at the world superbike race in utah.

first time to meet stan.

i knew about the location, but didn't know they were the rally chairs.... otherwise i would have offered my condolences. :ha

ian

And you would think she knows better! Really she and Stan will do a fantastic job! I am looking forward to it. Did not get to attend there last time!

Our big announcement is the 2010 Rally site has been selected. We are returning to Redmond, OR. Deb Lower and Stan Hermann will be Rally Chair/co-Chair. July 14-18, 2010.

Thank you
max

Messing with me

Are you guys simply jerking my chain? I thought they never announced before the end of the actually ongoing rally.

Anyways, the jury is still out on Redmond, OR and certainly if it was already an actual former Rally Site.

Are you guys simply jerking my chain? I thought they never announced before the end of the actually ongoing rally.

that was before the founding of the forum and the baying of the hounds. ;)

Anyways, the jury is still out on Redmond, OR and certainly if it was already an actual former Rally Site.

you won't find a better site or destination for a rally.

ian

2010 Rally in Redmond?

What is the reason for returning to a rally site in the same remote geographical area that the BMWMOA seems to think is necessary to put on the National Rally?Look at how many of the last few rallies have been in the Northwest. Who really decides where the National is held? Seems to me the chairpersons have way to much authortity in selecting the site. Have you ever heard of Kansas or Oklahoma which would be alot easier for most members to attend. Better yet why not let the membership vote on this important decision? Certain geographical locations (Northwest- Wisconsin) have been repeated in the past - wonder why? Think about it.

What is the reason for returning to a rally site in the same remote geographical area that the BMWMOA seems to think is necessary to put on the National Rally?Look at how many of the last few rallies have been in the Northwest. Who really decides where the National is held? Seems to me the chairpersons have way to much authortity in selecting the site. Have you ever heard of Kansas or Oklahoma which would be alot easier for most members to attend. Better yet why not let the membership vote on this important decision? Certain geographical locations (Northwest- Wisconsin) have been repeated in the past - wonder why? Think about it.

Why return to Redmond? Or those certain geographical locations?

Why it's a conspiracy, of course. The Board members are flown in on those black helicopters that are paid for by Haiburton, big oil and the Bush Administration.

Why it's a conspiracy, of course. The Board members are flown in on those black helicopters that are paid for by Haiburton, big oil and the Bush Administration.
Well, I have been on the Board since September,

and I am still waiting for my first helicopter ride. :banghead

:D

tb

Back