• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Got the RS started.

georgej

First,thanks to all that replied to my earlier post. I replaced the fuses and the starter relay and she still wouldn't start.Brought it up to a local guy that works on BMW's out of his house.He tested the neutral switch and sure enough it was bad.Made a jumper and the bike was running,neutral light is on all the time.I ordered a new switch. We also found out what the wires were that were disconnected.They were to the clutch safety switch.I guess that is the reason the bike wouldn't start witht the clutch lever pulled in.According to Bob's BMW that switch is not a separate item,probably why the previous owner disconnected it.
So pretty much my first real ride on the bike ,about 15 miles to home and I can't get passed the fact those mirrors are useless.I don't feel safe riding it. So I'm looking for some replacements. Also I think I'm going to try one of those Laminar lips?For the fairing. Other than those two things I have no complaints about the bike. Pulls like a freight train compared to my R80/7.

Great news!

Good on ya George! Glad to hear you are out on the road. Those old RS's do pull like "freight trains" when they're "set up" right. Thank you for the update and many happy riding days this season.

James

Thank you James. I still have a few small items to take care of. New rear shocks and oil pan gasket. After that I think and hope it will be set for the season. I'm also thinking about replacing the mufflers if I have any money left. They are aftermarket,louder than stock and shorter.
George

Back