• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Member in Eastern PA

lkingsley

Howdy:

I bought my first BMW, a 2009 F800ST a couple of months ago. I've been riding motorcycles for about 10 years, after a 15-year hiatus. Up until my BMW, I'd been riding Hondas. Very reliable, but not a lot of "soul." When I decided to ditch my Shadow (and cruisers), I looked at a ton of bikes, but the F800ST was the winner. My positive experience with BMW cars had a lot to do with this, I think.

Funny thing, I seriously considered a R1200C back in 2002, but was told by the dealer (!) that the bike wasn't really sorted out well. Wish I had ignored that advice!!

Anyway, I'm loving the ST. Great poise and handling. I'm riding a lot more, and longer rides, then I ever did on the Honda. And already planning an upgrade to the 1300GT. And of course I joined the MOA!

I'm heading to the Rally in July, and will be volunteering. Really looking forward to meeting a bunch of folks and enjoying some wonderful time in the saddle. :)

See you there!

Welcome to the forum.

I was in your area this morning on a ride and love riding in the Oley Valley area, among others. Do you ever eat breakfast at Michael's Diner at 662 and 422?

Welcome! :wave

We also head through your area regularly. If you decide to come a little south into Southern Chester County, DE, and MD, give a hollar.

Welcome and congrats on your new ride.

We love to look at pics and drool so ............

Glad to hear you are volunteering at the Rally. A great way to get to know a lot of new folks in a hurry in addition to providing much needed help. As you most likely know, w/o volunteers, the Rally wouldn't happen.

Look forward to seeing you in TN

Welcome to the forum.

I was in your area this morning on a ride and love riding in the Oley Valley area, among others. Do you ever eat breakfast at Michael's Diner at 662 and 422?

Thanks for the welcome!

Sure, I've eaten at Michael's diner - it's all of 5 minutes from my house. Tough to get in there on a Sunday morning, tho... :yum

I saw a few BMWs out while I was heading home on 662 Sunday, maybe I passed you. Let me know if you're in the area again and maybe we can ride together.

Welcome! :wave

We also head through your area regularly. If you decide to come a little south into Southern Chester County, DE, and MD, give a hollar.

Thanks for the welcome!

I head south quite regularly, so I may take you up on your offer! Are you a member of the MAC-PAC? It's the local MOA group. I just joined myself, but you might want to look into it...

Welcome and congrats on your new ride.

We love to look at pics and drool so ............

Glad to hear you are volunteering at the Rally. A great way to get to know a lot of new folks in a hurry in addition to providing much needed help. As you most likely know, w/o volunteers, the Rally wouldn't happen.

Look forward to seeing you in TN

Hi Bud:

Thanks for the warm welcome, much appreciated.

I'm really looking forward to the rally. Volunteering seemed "the right thing to do," and it should be a great time.

Welcome to this crazy group. Your in for many sMiles on your bike and here.

Ride safe - then tell us about it.

Are you a member of the MAC-PAC? It's the local MOA group. I just joined myself, but you might want to look into it...

No, I am a member of MARS, the Mid Atlantic Riders. I also publish the newsletter. You can check us out here: MARS

Back