• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

tank bags

D

davidwelstead

Need some advice on a tank bag.2009 1200Rt. Don't want one too high, just for small items. Any ideas?

Need some advice on a tank bag.2009 1200Rt. Don't want one too high, just for small items. Any ideas?

There have been a couple of recent threads for tank bag suggestions -- here's one:

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=31580&highlight=tank+bags

By high -- do you mean too "tall" or "expensive"? I bought the BMW tank bag for my RT -- but it was expensive -- occasionally you might find a used one on ebay, but they go fast. Does a great job and is easily removed for fueling. It's expandable, too. Seemed tall and bulky at first, but I got accustomed to it and appreciate how much stuff it carries.

There are lots of other tank bag suggestions -- give the forum search tool a try if you don't find what you're looking for in the thread I provided..

I really didn't want a tank bag at all because they look out-of-place to me. But after a few weeks of riding, I realized the pure utility of them. I checked every forum and looked at dozens of web sites. Then I just sucked it up and went with the BMW bag for my '09 RT. In the end, I felt like nothing else would attach as simply, look like it belonged there, and remove easily for fueling. It was more expensive that any other option, but I'm happy with it.

I'd love to hear about other options and how they work out.

I really like my Wolfman Enduro, although I ride a GS. It is fairly small but still holds the necessities.

Tankbags

I own a Marsee tank bag and think it suits me just fine. Not too expensive, not too tall, turns into a backpack, came with a rain cover and a small bag that attaches to it for electronic items (cell phone, I-pod etc.) Bag can be attached to your belt, easy to move for refueling etc. etc.. Great quality. They have a variety of models, so you would be smart to check them out.
www.marseeproducts.com
Good luck! Have fun! Ride safe!

Last edited:
I really like my Marsee 6L Caio Borsa tank bag. I ordered it from the factory installed with the Powerlet option. I've run a Powerlet cable up from the bike's accessory port, under the seat, under the fuel tank and cable-tied to the front. the bag plugs in there, and inside I have a split cig. lighter adapter, one for power to the cell phone and one to power my Garmin.

I ordered it with the Corona mount, so nothing is touching the gas tank except the locking ring around the fuel filler port. The bag is just right for carrying the small essentials, cell phone, a can of Plexus and a bottle of water. Also keep a cable in there to lock up my helmet/jacket/pants to the bike when I'm away.

Back