• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New to Forum but not BMWMOA

STOKES73

My name is Paul. I've been a BMWMOA member since I bought my first beemer in 1978; an R80/7. Since then I've owned a R100RT and now a R1100RT. I'm a long distance solo rider. Solo in that I don't tend to join clubs a do group rides. I like the freedom of deciding where I want to go without having to negotiate. I'm not adverse to riding with others I just don't really know too many other riders in the area.

I live in RI and VA because my job is in DC. I commute to work on the beemer year round and do a lot of weekend riding around the VA, WV back roads. I'm leaving July 1 for a 16 day trip that will end up totaling about 6,200. Counting the days.

Paul
"Keep the rubber side down"

Hi Paul, welcome to the Forum world of the MOA. With your experience you will be contributing as much to the knowledge pool here as anybody.

How about some pics and ride reports of your travels?

Anyway, welcome to the online community, if you need anything or have any suggestions, let us know.

Welcome to the forum Paul. I envy you the backroads of VA and WV. I lived in Bawlmer (you may know it as Baltimore) many years ago and spend a lot of time in that area.

Welcome to the forum. You are pretty high up on the seniority list. :thumb

Love to hear a ride report after your trip this summer.

Glad to have you posting.

Welcome to the forum!

You have a great commute - I am always a little disappointed on mine when i have to pull off on the work exit, at least you have some time to enjoy it!

Luis

welcome to the forum!

you joined the MOA 2 years before i was born but i've been posting a lot :):thumb

Welcome Paul;

I joined too in '78, after buying my first R100/7,Feb.'78...I still have the bike! My 'MOA # is 13233, a rather low one by todays standards. Virginia when I joined, California now, so welcome from way out here. GSA1200 and KLR650 are my other two:). Randy:thumb

Hi, Paul and Randy,
It's nice to find youngsters like you in the MOA and posting to the forum. Some of us Olde Pfartes are Luddites and didn't start posting until just a few years ago, as opposed to the much younger guys (Bubba, for one) who grew up with the new technology! Anyway, it's good to have ALL of us here posting.
Ride Safe,
Phil Marvin - El Paso, TX
BMWMOA #9793

Back