• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Chicago Roll Call!

Bruce
Crystal Lake, IL
2009 R1200RT

This is pretty spooky.
I am also a Bruce.
When I was a lad, yes, I know, before electric light, there was a family who lived next door. The LeStarges.
Bob LeStarge was quite a character. He worked as a lineman for ComEd, iirc. Now this is the early 60's and no one had A/C. So Bob (Mr. LeStarge to me) would get one of those aluminum framed woven chairs and sit in his garage (coolest place besides his basement) smoke cigars and sip Old Style.
My folks would have my hair cut short always, the old "baldy sour". And I guess I reminded Mr. LeStarge of a Peanuts character. Back at that time all the families in the neighborhood had children my age and we all knew each other well (how I miss that). So we'd all be running around the neighborhood playing and hollering and as I would run past Mr. LeStarge in front of his garage I would stop and say "Hi" and Mr. LeStarge would look at me, take a puff on his cigar and a pull on his 'Style and say . . . . "Charlie Brown . . . . Charlie Brown!"

It's funny, isn't it, what triggers your memory?

Anyroad, hi Bruce . . . I mean Charlie Brown!

And Hi to everyone else in here, for that matter.

Mike G from Ingleside IL a suburb of Fox lake actually the other way around since Ingleside is older than fox Lake but not that you care...

This winter thing SUX, The whole rounder thing sounds good till you hit the ice. But I do ride sub freezing when I can.

Looking forward to the moto show at the Rosemont expo in February or January.

Cheers Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Mike G from Ingleside IL a suburb of Fox lake actually the other way around since Ingleside is older than fox Lake but not that you care...

This winter thing SUX, The whole rounder thing sounds good till you hit the ice. But I do ride sub freezing when I can.

Looking forward to the moto show at the Rosemont expo in February or January.

Cheers Merry Christmas & Happy New Year
Oh we care.:violin And yes the Moto Show is always on my list of must do's.:thumb
Almost every Sunday without snow you can find a coffee meet here:
http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/index.php?board=29.0

Back