• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Jesse Bags on R1159R

A friend traded in his R1200GS for a F800GS. I outbid the dealer for his Jesse Odyssey bags. The bag mounts needed to be modified to fit the R1150R. The folks at Xplorermoto were friendly but ultimately couldn't help. Odyssey bags are not made anymore (now Odyssey II) and there was almost no call for R1150R mounts ever. We took the bike and bags to a local blacksnith and he made us the necessary bits. It took 2 hours and $80.

Attachments

• 8 mount.jpg
    8 mount.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 376
Jesse Bags

I had a set of the Odyssey I cases on my R 1150R, coincidentaly, the same yellow/graphite scheme as yours. Al Jesse told me that Paul Glaves and I were the only 2 sets he sold for that bike. I am in the process of adapting these mounts to my 2008 R1200R. The major obsticle was the relocation of the muffler. I just bought a lowering elbow from Happy Trails and hope it will work. If it does, it is blacksmithing and welding time for the rest of the mounting.

Back