• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Boy with Cancer wants a sidecar ride

R

RoverHaus

My little guy ran across a photo of a BMW sidecar in my coffee table Beemer book.

He hasn't quit asking me ever since if he could make a wish for a sidecar. The Doctors and the Make a Wish people think it's too dangerous and they think it is for dad.http://forums.bmwmoa.org/images/smilies/wing.gif

I think mom would be happy for him to settle for a ride around the block.

His name is Von and he is battling Leukemia bravely. (Photo link attached)

If you live in the Minneapolis area, have a sidecar, and would like to take a little kid for a ride, it would be something he would never forget.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Poit.jpg
    Poit.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 289
I'm thinking you should also post this in the Campfire section (unless you already did). Wish I could do it myself, but no sidehack ...

I've sent out emails and have gotten a couple of responses already, so this will definitely happen. Possibly more than once, if he's up for it.

Question: does it have to be on a BMW? I have a line on a few different hacks locally, but I know a couple of owners of BMW's as well.
-K

Dear TwoFastDogs,

This is fabulous news! I told him just now and he got very excited.

No, does not have to be a BMW. He's just thrilled to be able to go.

Well, we've got options: Urals, a Kawasaki W650/Velorex combo, plus I might be able to get a hold of a Stella scooter with a sidecar.
-K

I've sent out emails and have gotten a couple of responses already, so this will definitely happen. Possibly more than once, if he's up for it.

Question: does it have to be on a BMW? I have a line on a few different hacks locally, but I know a couple of owners of BMW's as well.
-K
This came as really good news to many of us watching this thread. Thanks so much for stepping up and doing something good! :clap :clap :clap

This is too cool!
Reminds me of that old Country somg about a little boy, "Teddy Bear" on the CB radio, wantin a ride in a big rig. Whenever I hear it, I have to change the station cuz I get all choked up...just like now....God Bless You folks.

Just working out logistics right now.
RoverHaus--please email me at twofastdogs@aol.com and we'll figure out a good time to do this.

As I stated earlier, this doesn't have to be a one time thing. I have a hack (as do several of my friends) so this could become a monthly thing, if he's up for it.

Also, we can keep this as private or public as you like. Might be fun to set up a date and see who shows up. Maybe we make an ice cream run out of it. The more the merrier, in that case. Or not.

Just some thoughts.
-K

Whether or not you decide to make this public, please post a picture of that huge smile when he gets his ride.

Went to a kids miracle camp ride with the local :bradCMA group.Had a few hacks lined up giving kids rides.Several of them were wheelchairbound and i have never seen a happier bunch of kids-or riders.Ed

This is absolutely great!!

I am supporting you because I can not help out.

Please post some pictures of the ride.

NICE WORK EVERYONE!!!

Back