Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Prudhoe to Key West Record Run

2150 hrs, Fort Nelson, BC
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

higdon
    Twenty-nine hours into the ride John now is about 90 miles northwest of Dawson Creek BC. He apparently stopped for a rest break of 3.5 hours in Fort Nelson between 0005 and 0330 EDT this morning. At his last position he'd run 1,870 miles at an overall average of 64+ mph. He needs to stay above 58 mph to achieve his goal.

Bob Higdon

1947 miles into John's ride and he is in Dawson Creek, BC at 6:03 AM CDT 1 day 6 hours and 9 minutes elapsed time 64.6 mph average speed.
    Jim Puckett
    www.notsupermanrally.com
    IBA 24142
    MOA 112409

higdon

A break?

John arrived on the outskirts of Edmonton, BC at 1102 EDT, 2,311 miles and 34.12 hours into the trip. He may be taking a break. It's 1210 EDT now and he hasn't moved in just over an hour.

Bob Higdon

Quote Originally Posted by higdon View Post
    John arrived on the outskirts of Edmonton, BC at 1102 EDT, 2,311 miles and 34.12 hours into the trip. He may be taking a break. It's 1210 EDT now and he hasn't moved in just over an hour.

Bob Higdon
    He's moving.

2311 / 31 (subtracting about 3.5 for the earlier break) = 74.5mph moving average.

At 1500 hours, Alaska time, or 42 hours into the ride John is approaching Moose Jaw, SK. He is roughly half way by my estimation.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

higdon

Cruising

At this point John is within an hour of the U.S. border at North Portal. From there it's under 100 miles to Minot ND, where he'll probably take another break and have his pit crew take a long look at his bike. At his current overall average of 66.2 mph, he's on a pace to attain his goal with 8-10 hours to spare.

Bob Higdon

Quote Originally Posted by higdon View Post
    At this point John is within an hour of the U.S. border at North Portal. From there it's under 100 miles to Minot ND, where he'll probably take another break and have his pit crew take a long look at his bike. At his current overall average of 66.2 mph, he's on a pace to attain his goal with 8-10 hours to spare.

Bob Higdon
    At 2900 miles, I've got him at 66.13 mpg overall average. He will need that time reserve about 24 hours from now when he might need to sleep for 6 or 7 hours. If his FJR holds together, things are looking damn good.
    Jim Puckett
    www.notsupermanrally.com
    IBA 24142
    MOA 112409

Pit Crew?

I thought he was doing it alone, just one man and one machine...didn't know there was a "pit crew - looking over the bike"...what we got a chase van? Sounds like a Jay Leno ride...hope there's at least one charity involved, not just a tire and energy sponsor?

Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by Motodan View Post
    I thought he was doing it alone, just one man and one machine...didn't know there was a "pit crew - looking over the bike"...what we got a chase van? Sounds like a Jay Leno ride...hope there's at least one charity involved, not just a tire and energy sponsor?
    Pit crew means friends along the way willing to help a fellow MOA member complete this adventure.

This SPOT Trip Manager link was posted on the IBMWR mail list:

http://jasonjonas.org/spot/tripViewer.do?id=1727
    ride what you've got; enjoy the ride!

Turbo Fluffy Motoclub - IBA 50182 - BMW MOA 69187

Quote Originally Posted by rdalland View Post
    This SPOT Trip Manager link was posted on the IBMWR mail list:

http://jasonjonas.org/spot/tripViewer.do?id=1727
    You sure that's him? The bike on that link is green?

Thanks for posting that. I wasn't sure if there was a public way for us to follow along.

Tick-Tock-Tick-Tock

buckeyeclark
    Quote Originally Posted by Motodan View Post
    Prudhoe Bay to Key West......"Jay leno ride" Motodan for the love of God please tell me you are kidding with that comment!

Quote Originally Posted by Hotspice View Post
    You sure that's him? The bike on that link is green?
    Click satellite, and zoom in...

ride what you've got; enjoy the ride!

Turbo Fluffy Motoclub - IBA 50182 - BMW MOA 69187

RSPENNACHIO
    Quote Originally Posted by rdalland View Post
    Click satellite, and zoom in...

Now that's funny.

This will keep me busy all day long!