• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Prudhoe to Key West Record Run

Ocala

9:37 EST, Coming into Kissimmee. On Fl turnpike approx 400 mi to go.

Doing Good!

Jinm Post / bones

Yeah, the direct route is for sissies. :laugh

He's almost there. Fingers crossed. Good luck, John.

10:52 EST near Kenansville.

Acording to Mapquest it is 335 miles to Key West.

South of West Palm now, I think.
Once he hits the causeways it gets a little slower but I'm thinking he's within the window.

As posted earlier "current record is 96 hours and 1 minute"

According to his Spot tracker, John left Prudhoe Bay at 0055 EDT Saturday. Adding 96 hours would be a "finish before" time of 0055 EDT Wednesday to break the record.

Right now he has about 233 miles to go from West Palm Beach and just over 12 hours to do it.

Time on the road ??

1218 Tuesday June 9
Have I got this right??
0055 Sat to 0055 Sun = 24 hrs
0055 Sun to 0055 Mon =24 hrs
0055 Mon to 0055 Tue =24 Hrs
0055 Tue to 1219 Tue =12 Hrs (approx)

=84 Hrs

Now has 12 hrs to go 230 miles !!

GO JOHN GO!!

I have been rivited to this ever since it was first posted! I don't know about you; but, I will be a little sad when it's over, you know, kinda like the day after Christmas!! Do you think there is any chance he might be willing to turn around and go back to Prudhoe Bay for another run when this one is over!!!:laugh:clap:clap:clap

the Keys will slow him down quite a bit. Lots of Vacationers, two lane road, and very low posted speed limits (to protect the Key Deer) LEO's are very active.

LEO's are very active.

the LEOs, if following the tracker in a coordinated effort might recognize the Burt Reynolds of motorcycling.:whistle

smokey-and-the-bandit.jpg

Good grief, he seems to have flown through Miami. He's setting himself up tp crush this record. Go, John, go!!!!!

Just as example, if a person were to ride 5600 miles straight at an average speed of 75 mph without stopping, it would take them about 75 hours.

Now if that same person made the same trip in say 92 hours that would leave 17 hours of total stop time. Theoretically you could eat and drink while riding and there are divices that would allow for elimination:whistle but you can't refuel and sleep while riding. This is more impressive than an Iron Man Triathlon.

I'm in awe! What a feat of determination and endurance. Let's hope for no problems on the home run.
:rocker

Back