• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Prudhoe to Key West Record Run

Looks like he's there according to SPOT!:dance

My Bad, I hadn't zoomed in enough, he's on Stock Island next to the Key West golf course, I'd say he's less than a mile to the end of the ride.

Ok, he's there now, 86:15 is the number :dance

Last edited:
Key West !!!

Spot just showed John at the entrance to Key West.

What an event in Motorcycling History !!

Hoo Rahw !!! Congratulations to John Ryan !!!

Jim Post / Bones:brad

smileyopeningnite.gif
wow.gif
smileyopeningnite.gif

His SPOT put him in Key West at 15.11. By my rough calculation that's 86 hrs 16 min. If the mileage was 5600, his average was 64.6 mph. Amazing!!!

SPOT has been slow recycling for me. The last update had him at

Date: Tue Jun 09 2009 15:10:51
Coordinates: 24.5727, -81.7434

That was over a half hour ago on Stock Island.

His SPOT put him in Key West at 15.11. By my rough calculation that's 86 hrs 16 min. If the mileage was 5600, his average was 64.6 mph. Amazing!!!

How long did he stop for? I'm curious if anyone has a moving average they would be willing to post.

Looks like he's there according to SPOT!:dance

My Bad, I hadn't zoomed in enough, he's on Stock Island next to the Key West golf course, I'd say he's less than a mile to the end of the ride.
Looks like it to me also. He was going to pick up a key to a friends place from a real-estate agent (so he'd have someplace to sleep tonight..)..

Fantastic!

I attempted to complete this UCC in 2005 in 100 hours, made it in 122 and it was the most difficult thing i have ever done in my life. What an incredible feat! Congratulations John! :dance

Final Key West from Prudo

Stopping to think on it, I wonder if he did stop except for fuel and equipment.

I know that he carrys quite a bit of snack food and fruit where he can get it while riding.

I figure that he bested the record by 8-9 hrs.

One Tremendous Accomplishment!:usa

Jim Post / Bones

Yeah Daddy! :clap

Now maybe over to Sloppy Joe's for a :bar

Or maybe it's time for some well deserved sleep?

What a ride, that was a blast!
Good on ya, John!

I hope he stopped there and just sat on Stock Island for 10 minutes or something.

Would drive everyone nuts! Hahaha.

Congrats! I hope someone is there with a camera who can take a couple of pix and post 'em for us....

Am wondering if Gary Egan is already hatching a plan to get his record back...

Last edited:
Date: Tue Jun 09 2009 16:30:47
Coordinates: 24.558, -81.7872

He is moving again. This update shows him on Truman Ave and on Key West. He has not punched in the finish yet, at least on spot. He may have been meeting his witnesses before going on to have the mandatory picture at the furthest point south marker

He seems stopped at the Key West police station - probably (hopefully) getting his documentation done. It's at 1604 N. Roosevelt Blvd.

Back