• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

NEW OIL from BMW

Interesting...I picked up the newly (BMW Service Bulletin)recommended Full Syn 5w40..found out it's not Castrol GPS, as recommended in the owners manual, but Spectrol made...

Interesting...I picked up the newly (BMW Service Bulletin)recommended Full Syn 5w40..found out it's not Castrol GPS, as recommended in the owners manual, but Spectrol made...

I have heard of a BMW rep recommending Castrol 4T synthetic 5W40 (JASO MA2) for all the new K bikes. Naturally since BMWNA has a deal with Spectro, it's what they recommend. I would imagine there isn't a difference to be concerned about. Spectro has always been considered a good choice.

Last edited:
Let me put it another way if you buy BMW labeled Full Syn 5w40 here in the States your buying a Spectrol product..however as explained from the dealer... overseas BMW labeled Full Syn is a Castrol product..

Oil Change Costs

On my recently completed trip I paid $117 at Grand Junction, Co. HD/BMW for an oil change. Kind of makes my dealer's $104 look like a bargain.:usa

Don S

I found changing the oil and filter on my 'S' easier than my previous KRS..try it you may save some $$...

Let me put it another way if you buy BMW labeled Full Syn 5w40 here in the States your buying a Spectrol product..however as explained from the dealer... overseas BMW labeled Full Syn is a Castrol product..

Is there BMW-labeled oil in countries other than the U.S.? There's no such thing in Canada as BMW oil. I also didn't see any in the BMW dealer I visited in the U.K. in May either.

Back