• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Looking For Beer Garden Volunteers For Johnson City

BeerTeam

Ambassador
Hey Clubs

Looking for chartered clubs to work the Beer Garden tent at the BMWMOA National Rally July 16 - 19, 2009 in Johnson City TN. We have shifts available to work starting with set-up Wednesday and Thursday going through Saturday

The shift times are: Thursday open/clean -12pm, 12pm-4pm(Still Open), (4pm-8pm The Internet BMW Riders), (8pm-close Yankee Beemers)

Friday open/clean -12pm, (12pm-4pm Forum Frenzy), (4pm-8pm Twin Valley Riders and the Richmond Riders), (8pm-close MOA Board of Directors & Wisconsin BMW Motorcycle Club)

Saturday open/clean -12pm, 12pm-4pm(Dinky Dozen MC), (4pm-8pm Port Washington BMW Club), Saturday from 8-close BMW Motorcycle Owners of Georgia

We use about 20 people per shift. So if you have more are less than 20 we can still use you. We have positions open as Head Bartenders (stockers - one or two per shift), tickets sales, micro brew, can beer soda and ice departments.

You can reply to this thread or PM to lets us know what shift you or your Club wants.

If you are not doing a Club shift, but would like to volunteer in the Beer Garden, PM me and I will add your name to the Beer Garden Volunteer list. When you arrive at the Rally, stop down and let us know when and where you would like to help out.

Here is the link to the Beer Garden Volunteer Website http://www.dcarnevale.com/garden_center/albums.html

Thanks,

339708075_TxX9k-L.jpg

340099461_6ibxH-L.jpg

340097110_ihE56-L.jpg

339766874_aZfCr-L.jpg

Thursday
July 16
4:00pm - 8:00pm -The Internet BMW Riders
(8pm-close Yankee Beemers)

Friday
July 17

Forum Crew at the Beer Garden Friday 12-4pm - pm me and I will add you to the Forum Frenzy

4pm-8pm - Twin Valley Riders and the Richmond Riders

8:00pm - Closing - MOA Board of Directors & Wisconsin BMW Motorcycle Club

Saturday
July 18
4:00pm - 8:00pm - Port Washington BMW Club

Saturday 8 PM-Closing
BMW Motorcycle Owners of Georgia

Last edited:

Forum Frenzy - Friday 12-4pm
manicmechanic, Holly, BeemoKat, Ray King, . . .

Friday afternoon from 4 to 8
Richmond Riders
Dave Pastorius
Bob Altic
Paul Grinter
Twin Valley Riders

Saturday from 4 to 8
Bernie Falkenham
Rod Hughes

Saturday from 8-close - BMW Motorcycle Owners of Georgia
Karen & Mac McEnheimer
Johnathan & Renee Sharpe
Hal & Sherri Kent
Tommy Pilgrim
Carol & Eddie Williams
Steve Smith
Wolfgang Enneker
Danny Andrews
Phil Albritton
Ian Scobie
Charlie Rogers
Theo Samouris
Jan Herron
Rick Cobb
Jim Carlson
Robert Cramer
Eric Chatham
Roy Fant
Charles Barnard
Pat Straley
Mary Severson
Dave Johnson
Becca Wise
Douglas Booth
Wayne Booth
Steve Smith
Paula Smith
Chuck Murphy
Robin Murphy

George Brown (NC)

Beer Garden Volunteers:
Darryl &Terry
Voni
Dave McBride
Mike Tyree (kantuckid)
Bernie Vandenhoff
Donna Vandenhoff
Rich and Anita Jeffery
Robert & Anna Miller
Linda Dillon
Larry Dillon
Dave & Cheryl Lowry
Jerry & Sandi Holtz
Mr & Mrs Midwest_Travel
Roger and Lee Trent
DuWayne Altman
Bob Weber
Barryg
Amber Hornbarger
Jon Hornbarger
Cindy Kabowski
Margie McCarty
Sue Atria
Scott McGil -
Norm McElvany
Alan Allert

Head Bartenders:
Rev.Willie on Wed. and Sat. nights,
Randy (manicmechanic) on Thurs. and Friday nights.

Below are some of Beer Garden Co-Chair Dan Carnevale Photos

0719_04_volunteers.jpg

0717_01_volunteers.jpg

0717_03_volunteers.jpg

0718_02_volunteers.jpg

0718_07_volunteers.jpg

0718_11_volunteers.jpg

Last edited:
0716_02_randy%26terry.jpg

0718_01_volunteers.jpg

0718_04_volunteers.jpg

0718_06_volunteers.jpg

0718_08_volunteers.jpg

0718_09_volunteers.jpg

Bernie Falkenham & Rod Hughes from Nova Scotia --- selling tickets on Saturday 4 - 8​

0718_10_volunteers.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the pictures, Santa.

What fun! ! ! How can anyone possibly NOT want to help out in the beer garden? :D

:bar
... ... ... :bar

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Holly - Environmental Steward

In for the Forum Frenzy.

Any chance of gluten-free beer this year???

Holly

Hi Holly,

Hope you are healing well from your accident.

We will try to have Gluten Free Beer this year.

I noticed that you are the Environmental Steward (again) for this years rally. How do things look?

Environmental Steward was your title,
but you sure used a lot of garbage bags.

I hope you have lot's of help this year,
like the fella pictured below.

Jim

339708687_JZc65-L.jpg

Oh, thank gawd you didn't get a picture of me dumpster diving. :D

Yup, I'm doing the green thing again this year. Coke is providing cardboard recycling bins near their machines. Don't know yet what we'll have in the beer garden, but I'll work something out when I get there.

I got home with a lot of help from MOA members. Let me tell you, broken ribs are no laughing matter. Or coughing or even hiccuping. They are getting better though. Looks like 6 weeks in the cage, sigh, then back on the bike.

Holly

Just in time for the National!!

The Beer TEAM has to be the very best volunteer position at the rally. Count me in ; )

Voni
sMiling

Yup, I'm doing the green thing again this year. Coke is providing cardboard recycling bins near their machines. Don't know yet what we'll have in the beer garden, but I'll work something out when I get there.Holly

I don't know if many folks know what an Environmental Steward is,
but my interpretation is :ear
having a motorcycle rally with 7,000 person community,
trying to make a zero impact on the world environment​

Oh, thank gawd you didn't get a picture of me dumpster diving. :D
Holly, I know that sorting cheezy nacho salads from aluminum cans
is your way of saving the earth,
and I've seen you, the fella pictured above and the rest of your crew dumpster diving to sort aluminum from garbage

There has to be a better way than having you dupsta dive

In West Bend, Sue had a local Lion Club guy sort cans for the price of aluminum, his Club made 600 dollars and zero cans were in the landfill :thumb

Other Rallies the Fairgrounds grabbed the garbage
sorted aluminum from garbage, cashed in
and will have a nice Christmas Party on the BMWMOA

State with deposit on cans, we always return the cans for deposit

A few Rallies, the MOA paid outside Temp Workers for the job

Most Rallies, Jim Quigly from Indiana works to keep the garbage cans from overflowing. Jim is down at the Beer Garden early to late helping out. Jim is near 70, with a a build like a twenty year old. He works out aerobic 3 days a week and strength training 4 days a week. That yearly routine keeps him in shape for Beer Garden duty

Your crew did an outstanding job last year, :bow
I am hoping that you don't have to work that hard this year

Pretty good definition of an environmental steward. I have an FIM international licence, which involves training and a test. The goal is to save motorcycling as well as the world. The environmental stewards are tasked to help overcome problems with noise pollution, spilled oil, detergents and all the other things that are part of a large motorcycling event. We try to get positive publicity for our efforts and make the community understand that having us around for a week is a good thing. Myrtle Beach is an example of the uphill battle.

The MOA is way ahead in already adopting almost all the regulations of the FIM and in volunteering to help out. When we found out that the promised pickup by the fairgrounds at Gilette wasn't going to happen, many members jumped in to cheerfully dumpster dive and sort through garbage. A truly great group!

Holly

We have worked hard this year to make this program even better. Because I believe in cycling and recycling myself , it is very important to me that the rally this year makes as large an impact as we can for the charity and as small an impact as possible on the community environmentally... including the landfill. We have plans for recycling containers along side the trash cans and I hope that our attendees will be diligent in efforts to use them!
As for the Beer Garden we will work together to make sure that containers are present there also so that the aluminum can be more easily separated.
I am still working to determine what all can be recycled locally so that glass and other items can be handled properly.
We will have the help of the fairground crew to collect the trash / recyclables each morning and they will assemble it at the appropriate place for proper disposal.
Again, we will certainly appreciate all the help we can get to make this the best environmental program ever!

Pitch In! :D

Of course, the Reverend and I will be there, as usual.

Yep, same nights, same station!

Jeez, how many years have we been doing this? :deal

I just can't stop tossing beer to thirsty Beemer Folks and working for those charismatic Beer Bosses!:bow

See ya in Tennessee! :buds

. . . . . . . . . Y A N K E E - B E E M E R S

The Yankee Beemers are interested in assisting with the beer garden on Thursday night from 8pm till closing…………………

I’m not 100% sure I can commit to 20 folks. But I should be close……………

How do we make this happen?

Roy Bertalotto

Yankee Beemers, President

Done.

Yankee Beemers have the beer garden on Thursday night from 8pm till closing…………………

When you arrive at the rally, stop down to the Beer Garden and we will fill ya in with the details.

If anyone would like to assist the Yankee Beemers on Thursday Night, just let them know.

And thanks a whole lots, that is one of the busiest shift going.

Looks like the Yankee Beemers and the Wisconsin BMW Club are going to be busy clubs at the Rally as both Clubs are volunteering a busy shift at the Gate and Beer Garden.

beer_garden/schedule

I volunteered for the beer tent at the B-Cubed hospitality trailer during Bike Week at Daytona. I felt that this would help me meet more people at my first BMW Rally.
Ride Safe :usa :usa :thumb

Great! More volunteers! You'll find it's a fun time behind the bar. C'mon, folks, don't wait 'til the last minute to sign up!

Done.

Yankee Beemers have the beer garden on Thursday night from 8pm till closing…………………

When you arrive at the rally, stop down to the Beer Garden and we will fill ya in with the details.

If anyone would like to assist the Yankee Beemers on Thursday Night, just let them know.

And thanks a whole lots, that is one of the busiest shift going.

Looks like the Yankee Beemers and the Wisconsin BMW Club are going to be busy clubs at the Rally as both Clubs are volunteering a busy shift at the Gate and Beer Garden.

beer_garden/schedule

It's how we roll. :D Volunteering as a club is a great way to spend time with old friends making new ones.

Come join us on our YBaBJ tour, the largest rolling rally to the MOA National evah!

Back