• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Blind spot mirrors

BarkSlayer

What solutions (not involving bar-end mounts) have we here in the house for eliminating blind spots to either side with the standard R11XXRT faring mounted mirrors? I can't seem to locate a stick-on mirror that's shaped just right for the corner of my stock mirrors.

Multivex

I installed multivex mirrors on my R1150RT and really like them. You can read about them here. http://www.multivexmirror.com/ I believe they have the part number listed for the R11XXRT bikes. If they don't you could email them for the part numbers. I'm going to get some for my K100LT also but I have to make the pattern for them since they don't already have it.

I installed a pair of used R11xxGS mirrors into the stalk holes on my 02 R1150RT. Works really well. Still get lock to lock turning. Some people think they look a little strange, but well I am used to that.

Check out this thread...

Kioolt...will the Multivex mirrors produce a clear look behind you to the same distance as the stock mirrors, as well as eliminate the blind spots to either side? If so, they could be exactly what I'm looking for.

Mirrors

The 1150GS mirror will mount on the 1150RT. The new style K12RS mirror will mount on the the 1150's but you have to modify the left mirror so the base will not interfer with the choke operation. These mirrors are 30% larger, more aerodynamic, an are aesthetically better. JON

Jim Miller said:
Kioolt...will the Multivex mirrors produce a clear look behind you to the same distance as the stock mirrors, as well as eliminate the blind spots to either side? If so, they could be exactly what I'm looking for.

I haven't noticed any difference in the distance to the back but there is a lot of difference on the side view. I would say there is virtually no blind spot on the sides. If you are looking for a mirror that will work with camping gear and so forth loaded onto the back of the bike these mirrors will not help you there. It seems to me that most of the people that add GS or RS handlebar mirrors to their RT's do so because the stock RT mirrors are useless when hauling camping gear on top of the saddlebags.

The Multivex mirrors simply stick onto the surface of the stock mirrors and look almost like oem.

I don't carry anything larger than a Helen Two Wheels medium sized duffel, but that's not wide enough to obscure the view in my mirrors. Sounds like I've found what I've been looking for. Tks!

kioolt said:
It seems to me that most of the people that add GS or RS handlebar mirrors to their RT's do so because the stock RT mirrors are useless when hauling camping gear on top of the saddlebags.

Yup, for me it was having a passenger on the back and seeing their knees and not the road.

Back