• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

hazard lights

bru

Hi guys,
Got a question. Today I was on a ride and had to stop to fiddle with my GPS so turned my hazard flashing lights on. When I hit the turn signal cance button to turn them off nothing happened...they just kept flashing. Didn't quit till I disconnected the battery when I arrived at home. If I reconnect the battery they start flashing again when the ignition switch is turned on. Any thoughts besides just getting it to the dealer (closest dealer is 60 mi away).
Thanks for your thoughts. :scratch
The bike is an R12RT 2005.
bru

The owners manual doesn't talk about a button. Only to push both turn signal levers at the same time to turn on and then use the turn signal cancel lever to turn off. I'll check for a button. thanks

I had a similar problem with my 04 RT but it turned out to be the kisan signal tender.
On my 06 RT you push both turn signals and the hazards turn on. Press the turn signal cancel paddle and they quit. Don't know about the '05, sorry.

The owners manual doesn't talk about a button. Only to push both turn signal levers at the same time to turn on and then use the turn signal cancel lever to turn off. I'll check for a button. thanks

Perhaps the RT is different. The GS used a button in '05 and went to the method you read sometime in '06 I think. Pushing both turn signal levers at the same time to turn the hazard lights on works with the older bikes too. But you have to use the button to turn them off.

If there is a button it should be on the left grip housing.

My wife's 1200ST (05) has a hazard button.

My 08 Rt has the double turn signal turn on and single turn off.

You may want to see if there is crap in the button mainintain contact

my $0.02 :lurk

Maybe;

Find the flasher relay under the seat and unplug it! I'm guessing it has one. I've not had to look. My '07 flasher is both signal switches engaged at once and a cancel, same as regular signal cancel. My KLT had a independent flasher switch.Randy

Sorry- i thought the 05's had the same setup as my 05 gs.That is -push button to turn on/off. Ed

Back