• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

GS Challenge... Let loose your roost!

OK I am in..:dance I do not know what I am "in" for, but you don't get anywhere without a ticket..

Are there prizes for most drops..while moving?....while not moving? :whistle

I have the dropping part down good....

I'm coming FAR;

I just mounted new Battle Wings, Bridgestones for the trip of about 7-8000 miles. I'm all the way West. But, I ride offroad all the time without knobs, which are indeed an advantage, but my BWs will be on mine for this, with much reduced air. If it gets muddy, I'm in trouble:(. Pray'in for a few dry days. We are a lot dryer out West and the East may present a problem with rain for this desert dweller. We'll know soon enough:). Keep those awards warm! Randy:usa:dance

Snooze and LOSE!

hey folks - as of yesterday, we had 70+ registered for the 80 total spots available for this event.

be fast or be last!

ian

Now that I've *FINALLY* received the password-reset email from secure services, training is full. :banghead

i thought you pulled some weight around here? :ha

well, word is that we are going to have open practice in the evenings after the formal events.

now, that doesn't mean you'll be able to go out and wire all the challenges, but it does mean that thursday night you can get out on the track and get comfortable.

we'll do the same thing on friday night after the competition... and again on saturday morning, assuming we can get some volunteers.

ian

Will I be able to get track time?

I went to sign up the other day and the training sessions were full, I'm done snoozing. Will there be any other way to get some track time? It seem Thursday afterwards and Friday? I am signed up for a competition.

Also if anyone needs to give up a training time spot, please call me at 518-339-4454. Otherwise will there be a waiting list?

Thanks, Andy

Last edited:
I snoozed and just found out about the challenge. Count me in to volunteer to pick up bikes when they fall. I would love to compete if there is still room. Maybe somebody can volunteer to pick my bike up when it falls.

I have question.
I'm signed up for the Friday 11:00am challenge.

Assuming I don't win the group (not likely), do I have to stick around all afternoon and wait till it is all over? Who is going to be involved in the 5:00pm Final Challenge?

I was hoping to get out and do some riding after I was done with my portion of the event.

I have question.
I'm signed up for the Friday 11:00am challenge.

Assuming I don't win the group (not likely), do I have to stick around all afternoon and wait till it is all over? Who is going to be involved in the 5:00pm Final Challenge?

I was hoping to get out and do some riding after I was done with my portion of the event.

you only need to be there for your hour.

the last session of the day is for the winners of each of the four previous Challenge sessions.

I snoozed and just found out about the challenge. Count me in to volunteer to pick up bikes when they fall. I would love to compete if there is still room. Maybe somebody can volunteer to pick my bike up when it falls.

howdy. we already have a number of volunteers, and the final schedule is set.

however, there is always room for jello, and if you want to come help, please come on by.

and if you're interested in riding, there will be some open times after all the daily sessions.

there may also be a chance to get in on sessions where people don't show.

I went to sign up the other day and the training sessions were full, I'm done snoozing. Will there be any other way to get some track time? It seem Thursday afterwards and Friday? I am signed up for a competition.

Also if anyone needs to give up a training time spot, please call me at 518-339-4454. Otherwise will there be a waiting list?

Thanks, Andy

i saw your name on the registration list, you should have gotten an e-mail from me yesterday.

there will be some times after the formal sessions on Thursday and Friday when you can ride, and again on saturday morning.

while we're not going to be able to support a waiting list per se, if you come ahead of the scheduled session, if there are no-shows, we'll add you in.

ian

Help!

i just had a volunteer cancel and am wondering if anyone can help at these times:

Thursday, 2-3pm - track worker (pick up bikes)
Friday 10-11am - (registration, then scoring)
Friday 3-4pm - track worker (pick up bikes if competitor gives up)

also, as with anything, there are bound to be people who just don't show up for the riding. If you didn't get to do what you wanted, please come by 15 minutes ahead of each session and we'll have a waiting list.

ian

Hey Ian, sorry about not getting back to you on the final schedule. Been travelling for a while and unable to find an internet connection.

The times you have me scheduled are good and I still am planning on arriving Wed. AM to help with the final track prep if needed. If you do not need any help on Wed from me let me know and I will take an extra day heading east.

Jim

i just had a volunteer cancel and am wondering if anyone can help at these times:

Thursday, 2-3pm - track worker (pick up bikes)
Friday 10-11am - (registration, then scoring)
Friday 3-4pm - track worker (pick up bikes if competitor gives up)

also, as with anything, there are bound to be people who just don't show up for the riding. If you didn't get to do what you wanted, please come by 15 minutes ahead of each session and we'll have a waiting list.

ian

Ian

Have not heard from your regarding the volunteer list. If you dont have me otherwise slated, I will take the Thurs/2-3 slot.

Mark (motorradmark@hotmail.com)

GS only competition

Visian told me earlier that I could participate with my Funduro (pre-GS F650), but does this mean I can't compete because it's not a GS? What if I just write "GS" on the tank???:dunno
Maybe my father-in-law won't notice his r12 GS missing for an hour here and there!:whistle
Please let me know if I can't compete so I can free up that spot for someone with a GS to compete.

Back