• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Where to buy Caberg Trip helmet in the US?

briana

I want to try one of these helmets, and would like to know if theres a place to get them in the US? I don't want to have to pay twice for overseas shipping if it doesn't fit.

Thanks,

Brian

Caberg stopped importing to this country a couple of years ago. I purchased a Trip through a dealer in the UK. Although it is a great helmet and I am happy with it, if you have a problem with it, there is absolutely no support. Caberg is unwilling to ship parts here since the helmet is not DOT certified, and the UK dealers will not be bothered to assist either.

Caberg -

Nice helmet - I have the Justimisso (sp), but buying it was a flat out nightmare. Dealers had no stock, but there was always a shipment just 2 weeks away!.

There were never any shipments.:deal

I find the helmet looks good, and seems nicely made - very euro, but not a good helmet for warm weather riding.

Didn't know about the DOT thing. :bolt

Caberg stopped importing to this country a couple of years ago. I purchased a Trip through a dealer in the UK. Although it is a great helmet and I am happy with it, if you have a problem with it, there is absolutely no support. Caberg is unwilling to ship parts here since the helmet is not DOT certified, and the UK dealers will not be bothered to assist either.

hmmm, I hope the dealer you used is not the same as the one I used in the UK....
mine was kickstart motorsports?

anyways, I saw a thread about replacement visors in advrider.com about cabergs, some guy apparently imported a bunch, you might want to look there.

but yeah, you're stuck with importing it from outside the States. It's ECE certified but not DOT, I figure its safe enough....got good ratings (5 of 5) in GB's version of the DOT which is great for a flipup helmet.

here's pics of mine: LINK

here's the SHARP report that led me to the Caberg Trip: LINK

webbikeworld has a review of it as well: LINK

Back