• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Light N Easy Suit

I purchased the BMW Light N Easy suit last fall without really doing much research about riding suits. It was my first suit and was purchased with the bike and frankly was an afterthought as I spent all my time thinking about the bike. I quickly found out that the lack of vents was a problem in the temps above 75. I'm told the suit has no vents to protect the waterproof integrety. Well, the suit was so-so in the rain from the beginning but now leaks like crazy. Water just pores in through the shoulders, chest and arms. I'm wondering if the sweating on hot days has ruined the waterproofing. My question is this: After spending $900 I feel I got ripped. Should I pursue this with BMW or the dealer? Or is it true that no suit is waterproof and I should have done my homework? Anyone else have experience with this suit?

I don't have any experience with that suit, but I believe that the BMW apparel items have a 1 year warranty. Say what you will about BMW's idea of styling, or even how some of the features are implemented, their apparel is very high quality. I really like my Savannah II jacket, which is waterproof with the liner, but has great venting with the liner out.

Yep. I'd ask about warranty on it. They do stand behind their gear. Tina had a Savannah I that self destructed in the washer and they replaced it.

DarrylRi said:
I don't have any experience with that suit, but I believe that the BMW apparel items have a 1 year warranty. Say what you will about BMW's idea of styling, or even how some of the features are implemented, their apparel is very high quality. I really like my Savannah II jacket, which is waterproof with the liner, but has great venting with the liner out.

I'm very satisfied with my Savanna II as well....

BMW Clothing Warranty

Darryl, Dave & Rod: Thanks for your advice. Just got off the phone with MAXBMW (a great dealer) and it was painless. Turns out there was a bad production run on the Light N Easy and I'm not the first to have problems. I'm going to exchange it for the Savanah II which they highly recommend. I'm now looking forward to having vents to deal with the humidity here. Again, Thanks.

Re: BMW Clothing Warranty

steve gray said:
Darryl, Dave & Rod: Thanks for your advice. Just got off the phone with MAXBMW (a great dealer) and it was painless. Turns out there was a bad production run on the Light N Easy and I'm not the first to have problems. I'm going to exchange it for the Savanah II which they highly recommend. I'm now looking forward to having vents to deal with the humidity here. Again, Thanks.

Enjoy!! Its well vented indeed.......

BMW apparel warranty...

Regarding the BMW policy for apparel/garments, the warranty is now TWO years per service bulletin # 04 003 06 (022) This supercedes any previous bulletins prior to May 2006

I too was told apparell warranties were for ONE year till I found this via posting on the ADV site.

Google the above bulletin number, you'll find the link to all 5 pages to warranty procedure.

I've a "Phase Change" liner that is deteriorating internally. The modified paraffin is now in large clumps between the inner and outer layers of fabric. What was once a comfortable, low bulk liner for cool mornings/evenings is now worthless.

Original contact with BMW replied contact dealer. The best they offered was a shrug of the shoulder and a 10% discount on replacement @$235.00 !!!!!!!

Crazy!!!!

I'll try showing them the new bulletin, perhaps I'll get some help. If not, this will be the last piece of BMW branded gear I'll buy.

Back