• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

bosch oil filter

A 3rd option - not cheap - but IMHO better than either beam/clicker - is the electronic torque wrenches that use a load-cell to measure the torque. No need to back off the setting like a clicker (for storage), Snap-On's buzz and vibrate when they get to the right torque, my Sears buzzes and lights up. They also will remember the actual torque you get to (which is typically a few units of measurement higher than what you set it to..)

Did some testing of the Sears one I bought - end to end against a beam wrench. Accuracy was within 1-2 ft/lbs of the beam wrench (which is also within the reading error of the beam wrench.)

Other great part - no need to do any conversions - mine does in/lbs Nm's and ft/lbs with the press of a button.

I have one of those too. The new one shows angle as well...

I just dropped into this thread and after reading all the posts IÔÇÖm amazed by two things:

1: How people will do anything to save a few dollars buy purchasing non BMW oil filters and then, when they donÔÇÖt perform, bitch about it.

Having said that, I too was one of you :) ; buying a Framm filter for my old R1100GS. I saved $8.00 but then had to transport the bike to the dealer and pay them $80.00 to cut the damn thing off because the outer housing came loose from the fitting ÔÇô so the filter just spun & spun. Lesson learned.

2: Owners who over tighten a filter and / or donÔÇÖt put enough oil on the rubber seal thereby ÔÇÿweldingÔÇÖ the filter to the bike.

Ya know, you really donÔÇÖt have to tighten an oil filter all that much for it to do its job.

Back