• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Crystal-Glo vrs Zaino

mikeb921

I've been using Zaino products for a few years on my bikes and cars. My brother gave me a kit of Crystal-Glo for Christmas so now I can compare the two. While the Crystal-Glo is nice, the finish from the Zaino is more slick. Things are less likely to stick to it. Both are easy to use but the Zaino just feels like more substantial. It smells better too. Neither are cheap but in the same price range. If you're a Crysta-Glo user and haven't tried Zaino products, I think you would be impressed with them. Just one man's opinion.

Ride Safe,
MB

nothing compared to zaino

I was first hooked on crystal-glo and thought it was outstanding. Someone once wrote about zaino in this forum. I tried zaino and wa-la, zaino is now my product. Although crystal glo is good, I feel zaino is hands above. The finish with zaino is both deeper and richer. It really does make your bike or car look like a show car or bike. The Grand Finale Spray is also excellent. I use this in between waxings and it adds to the shine and depth. Excellent, Excellent products. Zaino all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb

hmmm

I have read that Turtle Wax ICE is the new one on the block and the one to beat?

Have you tried that one yet.....???

I plan on giving it a try...no residue and good for ALL surfaces...including the black plastic that I HATE getting wax on!:banghead

no residue and good for ALL surfaces...including the black plastic that I HATE getting wax on!:banghead

Is it the getting it on or the effort to get it off again, methinks the latter.
Honestly, I had not heard of any of the three products mentioned, good to know!

+1 for Zaino.

The key is picking your products carefully and following the instructions for use, i.e., surface prep, first application of bonding coat, using thin film layers, etc.. Also, if you're going to use Zaino, use Zaino by itself. Layering or top coating with other products is good for the economy, but not a good use of your time and money.

Sal Zaino isn't a warm and fuzzy guy, but he knows his chemistry & polymers. It was only after talking with him that I bought into his system. It ain't cheap, but our daily driver cars and the bikes always have a deep, rich, luster parked along side most other daily drivers, even when our cars and bikes are dirty.

What kind of wax you use is almost like starting a motor oil thread.
So far for me I have yet to see anything better then Protect All. I use it on everything, bikes, auto's (inside and out), motorhomes, and I have yet to find something better for our granite counter tops. Good for all surfaces, spray or wipe on, wipe off. It doesn't get easier. I'm as anal retentive as they come and it's the only thing I use. You can find it at most RV centers and sometimes even at Walmart for about $10.00.

Zaino

I ran out of zaino while in Florida this winter so I purchased the Turtle Wax "Ice".
I washed the care with dawn to remove old wax. Applied the ICE which is easy on and off. My opinion.........? Zaino is still far superior to anything I have used in the past. The only thing I did wrong in the past was, "I didn't keep enough zaino on hand.
Do follow the instructions. Wash vehicle with dawn to remove old waxes and start fresh just with Zaino products. Your shine and protection will be unbelievable. You will find that on light colored bikes, the shine will be like no other you've see before. On black, red etc. the shine will be extraordinary. Just my experienced opinion. Can't go wrong.....

Last edited:
I plan on giving it a try...no residue and good for ALL surfaces...including the black plastic that I HATE getting wax on!:banghead

While Zaino isn't intended for black plastic, it won't leave any residue. It's about as easy on, easy off as you're going to get. Multiple coats yields better and better results. It makes washing wheels a snap as most dirt just rinses off with the hose. I learned about it when I bought my MINI 7 years ago and it still shines like new.

Ride Safe,
MB

Back