• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Web Site Problems?

R

RRDavis

For about a month I am having trouble using the MOA (this) website. I have tried on 4 different computers. 3 are running Windows XP, 1 is running Windows Vista. All are running IE Version 7. All are well maintained, Windows updates, anti-virus programs up to date. All other websites I use work normally. Is anyone else having problems? I have tried for 2 weeks to get this far to be able to post this so it is possible that those having problems similar to mine won't be able to post and I may not be able to follow up on the responses to this post.

I'm using Vista and everything has been flawless. I can't imagine what your problem might be.

For about a month I am having trouble using the MOA (this) website. I have tried on 4 different computers. 3 are running Windows XP, 1 is running Windows Vista. All are running IE Version 7. All are well maintained, Windows updates, anti-virus programs up to date. All other websites I use work normally. Is anyone else having problems? I have tried for 2 weeks to get this far to be able to post this so it is possible that those having problems similar to mine won't be able to post and I may not be able to follow up on the responses to this post.

Could you describe the problem(s) you are having??

Ever since the update, I get a warning icon in the bottom left corner and the messages, "Done but with errors on page" or simply "Error on page."

And the menu fonts are still more of a dot-matrix style. I previously pointed out that another forum I frequent has the same interface but the menus there are crisp, and you responded it was likely due to the revision level. They still look that way, with the update.

I'm running Vista Home Premium with IE7

I'm using Vista, all updates in place and IE 8 using a hughesnet satellite connection. This is the only web site I have these issue with out of the dozens I visit daily.

I have to load each page at least twice most of the time. If I have a clicked page open the first time it's unusual. I have tried using the "compatibility view" option and it has cut down the issue a little bit but definitely did not cure it. Posting requires that I copy the post on a word processor program before hitting submit. Half the time the web site loses the post entirely. I almost never get a post accepted the first time I click on submit.

The most common errors I see are the 501 / 505 website cannot display the page and the DNS lookup error.

Back