Thread: Hood Canal Closure, WA state

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hood Canal Closure, WA state

I thought I would post a heads up about the closure of the Hood Canal Bridge May1, for a six week period. Anyone cruising this way might what to take a look at alternative routes.

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/Projects/SR1...009closure.htm
    Steve Clark
    94 K75s 94K75 standard

Don't forget your towel
    I'm sort of bummed about the closure but there will still be a fair amount of snow on the OP through the closure period so at least I wasn't planning any rides out there.

Lots of folks selling houses on the "other" side of the bridge this winter...
    Steve
    "...your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride" A. Bourdain

Yeah, I drive up to Anacortes quite a bit and take PT ferry over and back. Looks like it's going to be the super slab for a while. Early Sunday morning rides up I-5 ain't to bad.....
    Steve Clark
    94 K75s 94K75 standard

SCOTTGLOVER

Unhappy Hood Canal Closure

Thanks for the heads up, I have friends I want to visit over there, Now I'll have to pay tolls for Tacoma Narrows on the way back.

Steve,

This whole thing sort of slipped out of my mind until recently...if the weather holds up during the last week of April I might take a day off from my busy (haha) schedule and do the Canal Loop from Seabeck. If you've got the time and inclination you're welcome to ride along...I usually depart the house around 11 or so and ride up to Fat Smitty's at Discovery Bay for lunch.

Cheers! BJ

Bill

That sounds like a good plan. It's been couple of years since I've been on the part of the road. Beautiful ride... Let's keep in touch on that.

Scott, I noticed on the link I posted up above that there is going to be ferry run out of Edmonds to Pt. Townsend too.
    Steve Clark
    94 K75s 94K75 standard