• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

A blast from the past

On an earlier thread I had brought up "That classic bike you always wanted", and how I was keeping my eyes open for something that appealed to me for my latest restoration project.
Well, look what followed me home today...

Attachments

• 100_2321.jpg
    100_2321.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 171
A blast from the past!

Here's mine, circa 1976. Gone but not forgotten. It was a blast!

510685967_hbP9H-L.jpg

Good luck with yours!

Beautiful. The bike that brought the "big" Japanese bike mainstream. I always wanted one but couldn't afford it. I ended up with a CB350 and a CB500T. It was the bike to have until Kawasaki introduced the KZ900. After I rode a friends KZ900, my wants changed.

I remember those. I had a Honda 500 four cylinder. It was really nice sounding after I changed to a 4 to 1 pipe. Very mellow throaty sound and not loud either. It's one of the bikes I miss.

Thanks for all the comments, (and memories).

Would you believe I found it at a church rummage sale? The owner had a Honda chopper, another chopper project, and this to go with it, as a donor bike! I had to intervene. A few words, a handshake, and a quick trip to the ATM & back and it was mine, with title.
So I found my classic, saved it from destruction, and supported a good cause all in one stroke!

:bikes

Wow! 1971? Bought one new except mine candy red. Honey brown color hard to get. $1,726.00 out the dealer door. Was a outstanding bike, especially compared to the POC Mach Three I traded in.

Very nice find.

In 1975 I purchased a new Commando instead of a Honda CB750.

It turned out to be the correct decision, the Norton was so unreliable I still own it. (Never did get enough use to wear out).

I'd have ridden the Honda until it was dead, then traded it in on something.

See, reliability is bad for collecting............Rod.:laugh

Back