• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Seattle-area motorcycle locksmith

OfficerImpersonator

Seattle-area Rounder
Last night I arrived home from work. I parked the bike in the garage, and while pulling the key out of the ignition I fumbled it and it fell down into the innards of the bike. I spent 30 minutes poking around with my fingers, a flashlight, a flexible grabber and a flexible magnet trying to find the lost key without success. As my brief bag was in my side case, I needed to get a new key made fast.

I thought it would take days to find someone able to come to my house to make a new key for my motorcycle. I envisioned a horror story of having to order a new blank from Germany. Of course, it was a Monday, so the local dealer was closed and thus unable to provide a referral to a local locksmith able to make a new key for my bike.

I did a Google search for "locksmith" and my nearest town. That gave me a listing for "Lynnwood Lock and Key". I called them and explained my situation. The person who answered the phone said "Oh - you need to call my brother-in-law. His number is 425-778-4200."

I called the number and "Gene" answered the phone. He asked a few questions about my bike and then said he'd be over within 30 minutes. 20 minutes later he pulled into my driveway, and within 20 minutes I had two new keys to my motorcycle for $75 plus tax.

Turns out Gene used to own an Airhead. Toured all over the west on it. Then he got into Italian bikes and now has an Aprilia and a Moto Guzzi. Used to belong to the MOA as well when he owned the Airhead.

So - if you ever need a locksmith in the Seattle area - and even more importantly, need a locksmith for your Beemer, give Gene a call at 425-778-4200. He's in Lynnwood, about 20 miles north of downtown Seattle. He has an amazing mobile key cutting and locksmith shop in his van, and is a really nice guy.

Pro Lock Service
425-778-4200
http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&q=lynnwood+wa+pro+lock+service&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&view=text&hl=en&latlng=3343132435321915795&ei=eIrbSf2NHJaWiAOVsamcAg&dtab=3&mid=1239124591&oi=md_references&sa=X

Back