• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Aftermarket exhaust

john1691

OK, so maybe I'm looking for the impossible, but here goes. I managed to put a small dent in the chrome of my stock can, add to that the massive size of the stock unit, and I find myself looking at replacement options. The problem I am having is that I really don't want it to be louder, just a bit smaller. Anyone have an aftermarket slip on that keeps the sound level similar to stock?

Installed a TwoBrothers, but it's on the loud side. a bit smaller and alot lighter though.

German thunder

I have a Remus slip on on my 06 KR with the restrictor in place. Adds a little more thunder to the exhaust note but not excessive, and drops alot of weight. Engine seems to rev a little nicer also, with maybe a very slight gain in mpg.:german

I'm not a fan of the look of the K1300S muffler. I thought I would like it from seeing it from the side, but not at all from the back.

Remus Titanium Hexacone with the silencer left in. Weighs 3 pounds versus 17 for the OEM. I've got it on an 07K12GT. Aligned with the bags. 3/4" clearance and no heating issues on the bottom of the bag.

Downside, way too expensive. What was I thinking.

remis exhaust

i just bought a 2006 k1200r in show room condition.The guy gave me a complete remis titanium exhaust system im wondering how loud this will be:scratch

remus hexacone with restrictor/silencer installed. not real loud. sounds good. smaller. lighter.

I put on a Delkevic stainless oval on my 2007 K1200 GT.
Looks and sounds great, has a removable baffle, and only cost $200.

Remus Hexacone

I have a Remus Hexacone slip-on on my '09 GT.. I run it without the baffle. Nice sound, not too loud (subjective), and smaller and lighter. It seems a little loud when you first start the bike, especially in a confined area (garage).
Once under way it mellows out. The only other time is when you hit the happy button, then it will scream a bit. Going down the road or cruising at speed I can barely hear it. It's fun. Highly recommended.

Back