• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

GS owners in South King area

coxengr01

1headlight
I got this idea from another post. does anyone else want to talk about riding and camping with GS bikes.

Last summer I bought a GS and have enjoyed riding it around Washington and took a one day GS riding course at last year Washington state BMW rally.

Does anyone else enjoy camping and riding off road with possible fishing mixed in. I would be interested in have meeting about GS type riding and just R&R with other GS riders.

Chuck GS and RT

rider:lurk

Sounds like fun!

I've owned my '98 R1100GS for almost a year now and have been on two longer weekend rides with her. One was camping+paved roads and one was motel'ing+paved roads. We've only been off road once, but it was tons of fun.

My summer is already filling up, but talking about possible GS+camping rides is something I could definitely get into.

Patrick

great to hear your interest

thanks for comments, I really like the camping part of trips, i have only used KOA's in past but am thinking of going more off to camp grounds in remote areas like Omak, Metaline Falls or south east area.

It has been fun with my riding partners but they are only road bikes (harley) and thought if people like the camping with GS the stories would be fun.

:ear

GS owner in North King area

Hello there,

I've owned my '95 R1100GS for Nine Years now and have camped on the Peninsula, north cascades, Eastern Wash, outside Spokane, Idaho and Montana. I would love to share some of my ride experiences. Sound Rider now has a neat book that covers some fun Dual Sport rides that would be good with a BMW GS.:german

Attachments

• DSCN0783.jpg
    DSCN0783.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 35
riding GS in Northwest

I would be interested in talking about your rides in the Northwest. I am thinking of doing some three day weekend rides for camping and fishing. I have a 2005 GS
and have done some off road.

:ear

GS Camping

There are a lot of places to go, I too will be doing three day campings, as my days off are during the week. Get yourself a Washington State Recreation Map by Benchmark, it is ToPo and has GPS Co-ords. and fishing spots I'm sure. The peninsula would be the easiest place to go. Lake Wynoochee for fishing and camping. They have a nice "Established" campground but people bring their RVs and boats, but if you venture further down a dirt road you can find "Rough" camping. But the locals now of the good spots too. I don't fish much myself so I ride where there might not be water. This Pic is at the North end of Lk Wyn...
Most of my riding is Easy to Moderate & a little Rough (look up Big Dog Rides; I don't ride that stuff, that is Extreme riding) but I do venture off the path to see where a road or trail goes.
How would like to chat about rides? :nod

Attachments

• Trip Around the Peninsula  Sept2008 (13).jpg
    Trip Around the Peninsula Sept2008 (13).jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 31
Rides

I live in St. Helens,or. I would be interested .
I have a 800GS and having lived in Sumner know there are many places to camp in the N.W.
Olympia rain forrest , Rainier , St. helens area just to name a few.
I work a compressed schedule so Sun - tues fits for me.
If you are serious drop me a P.M.

Billy

Back