• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tail Packs

1995gs

I'm still trying to figure out how to get more storage for long distance cruising. I've looked at the hard top cases like Givi and Coocase but I was wondering if there are any good quality soft tail luggage that our members like.

Looking on the web, I did like the Roadgear, Euro sport jumbo hauler for $115.00
Seems like it is well constructed. There are other options made by Chase Harper (looks cheap), Wolfman, Marsee, RKA but none of them seem quite as large and some are pretty expensive.

I have a GS with a "top of the line" rear rack platform. The rack is about 10" deep by 23" wide.

What have others used for cargo carrying tail packs?

Thanks

Don

i have been hearing some good things about motofizz bags, available at aerostich... but have not personally tried one.

personally, i use an ortlieb dry duffle bag because they hold a ton and are waterproof. they don't have all the fancy bells and whisles, just a simple roll-side dry bag, but they're reasonably priced and *waterproof*

for day-to-day use, behind your seat, not on your rack, a really nice, simple and very reasonably priced seat bag is the rev-pak seatpak. these things are practically indestructible (damhikt).

hope this helps.

ian

I have had two of the Roadgear Euro bags you mention-the first was stolen and the second is what rides the pillion seat on my R1150R, in front of my Chinese Givi clone top case. I have the bungee option and fasten to 4 Bungee Buddies that are fixed to my side cases. This arrangement does prevent the use of a wrap around dry bag, so the rain cover serves in that respect, or if you are going to be subject to some really serious rain you can opt for placing it inside a dry bag(try an Army OD waterproof bag for economy,size and utility!-kayak type bags have to be really large to hold the Euro)) and ROK strap it to the bike. I carry my hotel stuff in that bag and all other luggage is overflow on long trips.The tank bag and the Euro go inside the room each night in Mexico. It also acts as somewhat of a back rest for me as it lets your weight push against the Euro bag & the top case. It does , however leave me with plenty of room to squirm around on long days. The quality is as good as it gets with the Roadgear bag. If you are camping you can pile even more on top of the bag. I usually have a pair of sandals and some shower clogs that I use the shoulder strap to hold to the top of the Euro bag. Actually it is a nice piece of luggage for 4 wheel trips too. @ 23"x 10x12 it is a bit large for a carryon.:blah :blah :blah

Thanks for the input! I did check out the motofizz on the Aerostich website. Nice bag but a bit too deep for my 10" rack. Seems like it would work perfect on my back seat but I'm trying to keep that open for my wife/passenger.

Good to hear from Kentuckid who actually owns and uses the Roadgear bag and seems to like it.

Keep the info coming. I think this thread will become useful for other long distance riders who need quality, well made rear bags.

Don

Back