• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

I'm Tired of this Already!!!

KenDittrick

Rocky Bow BMW Riders #197
Another 25cm snow overnight in Calgary! Will I ever be able to ride again? This is getting depressing... This global warming has to stop. Am I the only one who is going stir-crazy!

:boldpurpl

Last edited:
I'm with you - Can't stand it anymore so leaving from Calgary to California on 1-April-09

Stir crazy does not even begin to describe it.

I've not ridden since mid September aside form the 20 Kms I rode my new F800GS home from the dealer. Got to get the first 1000 kms on before April 30th when its booked for the service.

Keep the faith. Am in DC at present and the thermometer got all the way up to 71. Tomorrow go home to Northern New York where most, but not all of the snow is melted.

Pretty soon and the WX will be too warm. ;)

The great snow gods blessed us with a little snow last night as well. I think this is probably the last......:clap

I have to say though it was quite beautiful to wake up to. The loss of power not so great....

Attachments

• 2009MarchSnow2.jpg
    2009MarchSnow2.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 289
Here near Buffalo, 60+ and sunshine yesterday, and 50's and overcast since 7:30 this morning.

Not a bit of snow anywhere.

Keep the faith. Spring is coming. We got a haevy, wet snow overnight (see pictures form IL above). But as of this evening, most of it has already melted. Mid-50's the rest of the week.

This was our backyard this afternoon:

501483350_ws78o-M.jpg

But, truth be told, March has always been Calgary's biggest snowfall month, with the temperature fluctuating around 32F, the optimal snow generating temperature.

Soon!

If I were still working in the snow sports industry or able to get out on a pair of skis I wouldn't sweat the snow, as it is I am in Iowa(There is limited skiing here.) and ride a lot due to a lack of other fav. activities. So can relate.

Hopeful that is your last snowfall and you'll be ridin' soon!

Spring skiing goes til May 24th at Sunshine Village, just west of here, so they're just building up base...:)

Saturday was beautiful, warm with blue skies. This morning in SW Ontario, we woke to a light dusting of snow. I am expecting the weather to more predictable by mid-May (joking), although we have had snow fall on Mother's Day in the past.

I was just outside, scraping and shovelling my way through the freeezing rain, then snow, then freezing rain again, that fell. and blew, all day yesterday.

There have been warm, dry days all winter that I took advantage of and would ride, but you're right, enough's enough already.

8"-12" of snow forecst for here starting tonight and running through Wednesday morning.

I gotta move south. The older I get the more I HATE winter.

If I can't ride soon, I'll go broke buying stuff from the internet for the GS.

At least I have a heated garage to work in. :dance

Maybe that's not a good thing.:dunno

Thanks guys, this is the time of year when you just about can see the end and then another potential weekend ride dissappears right in front of your eyes. Guess those of us that can should try and enjoy snow sports when they are there rather than wishing our lives away waiting for spring... complaining sometme feels like theropy.:violin

Mother Nature gets in one last lick for April

A "vigorous" low is moving into our area with snowfalls of 25 cm forecast for some parts. I love it. :D

P.S. It's getting better: upgrade to "Winter Storm Watch". :)

Last edited:
I was down in Fort Worth stockyards one time bitching about livin in Mass. and this 6'5" Texas Ranger standin there looked down at me and said "Why Y'all live there?" He had a good point.

Makes it easy to stay in and keep renovating. Finished this today, looking at the home stretch tomorrow.

IMG_1225-L.jpg

I see its going to snow in Calgary today. I really feel for you. Excuse me, I have to cut the Grass.

Back