• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your Wedge

Spent some time with YouTube and Mr. Riepe today. He has the same whit and humor (sardonic and twisted) as anybody I ever called a good friend. Gonna read the books. Fan, sure. Heck...., we might even be related!

Made in as far as Jasper last September before I had to race a cold front back to Texas. Montreal to Vancouver is on my bucket list. About 12K round-trip from Austin. If I make it to Vancouver.., maybe a pint and pie at Yaletown Brewing Co.?

Mr. Riepe regards the original K bikes, as you've probably surmised, as a manly man's bike with R bikes reserved for those riders with chronic constipation. :laugh

Apart from the general condition of the roads in Montreal, I love that city.

As far as Yaletown Brewing is concerned - you're talkin' my language!

Yeah. I'm trying to figure out how I can get them both on the road..., together??? Ride the 750 one day, the 1300 the next. I mean, how do you hit the road, and leave one behind???

morning ride on one of them, afternoon on the other. next day take the 92 to the track, or the K11rs for a spin. each has such a different personality.

advantages of retirement!

9923BD84-B917-4ABA-807E-85F55C82BE00.jpeg

Here is mine. 2015 K1300S Motorsports. Bought it with 1300 miles. Still breaking it in! Best all-around single bike I have ever owned.

Sport Panniers
Helibars
A few carbon bits
All the M-Sport goodies
Rowe Electronics Amplink Power Distribution Module
SW Motech Tank Bag w/ power for phone/iPad.
GPS
Radar Detection
Kaoko Throttle Lock
Pirelli Angel GT tires

2009 k1300 bebuilt for 2019

K1300GT Silver Bullet.jpg
Love riding in the Pacific NW on Hwy 14! Mighty Columbia Gorge.

My newest and now only ride. I sold my 15' GS and 18' GTL after getting this on the road...yes, they are that good!

Painted this winter Indus Silver (DuPont Chroma) to match my 19' Rover. Lucked out that the stock wheels are almost a perfect match.

Added to fit my 6' 2" frame: Helibar risers, Peg lowering kit by Verholen, Aeroflow tall windscreen (best ever!)

Custom seat by Mr Ed's Moto in Albany Oregon (not shown in this pic)
Custom SS laser cut GPS mount for Navi VI above the instrument cluster (not shown in this pic)
Li-Ion battery (Saved about 10 lbs at the top of the bike!)
Akrapovic Muffler
Pro Grip 719 RVGS Gel Grips (requires 2 sets for heated grips as both sides have 1" sleeves) I've tried several, these are the best so far for feel and comfort.

Good looking bike!

I know that spot very well on hwy 14. I also like Kalama river road too. :thumb Who did the paint job, a shop or yourself?

Was that brown/gunmetal grey. Nice, but I really like the brighter silver.

The Kalama River Road looks like it turns to gravel up the road. Is the lower paved road worth it? Thanks for the heads up on that road!

Here's a pic of the GPS mount I made. Much better than looking down like the factory bracket on the handlebars. Requires AeroFlow windscreen.

GPS mount 4.jpgGPS mount 3.jpg

The grey was called MAGNESIUM BEIGE METALIC.
Clean looking mount.
The Kalama river road is very scenery, it does turn into a hard packed dirt. On a road bike you will need to turn around. I have been as far as the yellow gate.

My 2006 K1200S that I bought last July 2018. I have put around 3,000 miles it.

Finally got my first BMW
New Bike 7-7-18 I.JPG
My other ride is a 1996 Triumph Sprint which I bought brand new right out of the crate.
23 years of riding it everywhere, 50,000 miles. This has been a great bike.
New Bike & Ole Faithful 7-7-18 II.JPG

Approaching Madras, Oregon from the west after hitting a rainstorm by Mt. Hood.

Attachments

• IMG_20190910_160952.jpg
    IMG_20190910_160952.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 174
I've owned 3 Wedge slant 4's. Started with this 2006 K1200S (only had it for 1 year)...

K1200S May 2005 035-X2.jpg

Then this 2007 K1200GT (rode it 5 years)...

KGT Accessories 005-X2.jpg

Been missing that smooth power so here's the current one----2015 K1300S...

5C8B4C6B-AF83-454F-92CD-EB0582DE4115-X2.jpg

I know, I know......it's a sidecar rig. But it's also a Wedge K, my new to me K1200S

This was taken in Glacier NP last June on my ride home from the USCA Rally in Coeur d'Alene Idaho

IMG_3225 - Copy (2).JPG

IMG_3227 - Copy (2).JPG

Like the look of the Clearwater Darla's mounted on the fender. Are you happy with them?

100%! One of the two best lighting adds you can do to this bike. The other is changing out the factory headlight bulbs for LED (Cyclops) bulbs. Much, much brighter in both pilot visibility, as well as in being seen. The LED high beam is really, really bright. So I have it wired to not cut out the Darlas when I activate the high beams for backroads.

Attachments

• Dragon 10B - 2019.jpg
    Dragon 10B - 2019.jpg
    431.8 KB · Views: 180
Back