Thread: Oil Temperature Sensor on R1100RT

rt11001998

Oil Temperature Sensor on R1100RT

The oil temperature guage on my 1998 RT will go to four bars and then goes blank. I think it is the oil temp sensor. I have two manuals that don't even mention its location (Clymers and Haynes). I can't find or see the sensor. I am getting ready to remove the gas tank, but would appreciate it if someone already knows its location and if it can be removed without taking the tank out.
    I just joined. Great forum.

DENNIE
    on the right side of the engine, find the oil cooler line and the temp switch is right next to it. the oil PRESSURE sensor is on the left of the sump just above and aft of the oil window.

rt11001998

Oil Temp Sensor

Thanks Dennie for replying. On my bike the pressure switch is on the left side as you are sitting on the bike, near the oil level sight glass. The temp. sensor must be on the right side. I followed the oil line back but will have to take off the tank to find the sensor. Thanks again.

DENNIE
    Quote Originally Posted by rt11001998 View Post
    Thanks Dennie for replying. On my bike the pressure switch is on the left side as you are sitting on the bike, near the oil level sight glass. The temp. sensor must be on the right side. I followed the oil line back but will have to take off the tank to find the sensor. Thanks again.
    yes, it is on the right side, as per my somewhat confusing post- "on the right side of the engine, find the oil cooler line and the temp switch is right next to it"