• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Motorrad Elektrik Gone?

Liaison
Staff member
Just saw a different forum post about having trouble contacting Motorrad Elektrik. Website appears to be down or gone... Anyone have any recent contact with Rick? This seems quite out of the ordinary for him...

Haven't heard a peep on the Airlist about a problem. Maybe it's just a technical phone/internet (Earthlink) issue. Time will tell.

yikes - the number i have is unresponsive
866 668 6353

I called 256-442-8886 (from the cached website) and got Rick's voice on the answering machine - it is after hours.

I imagine that there is some issue with the ISP or what used to be called a computer "bug". [Do they still call 'em "bugs" anymore?]

Check the other forum and you'll see the recent update that Rick is indeed still in business.

Woodgrain

Check the other forum and you'll see the recent update that Rick is indeed still in business.

Which "other" forum?

OK, if by Boxerworks, then, yes, Rick is still in business. He said that in moving a bunch of files it ate up his allotted bandwidth, but hopes to be back up soon. He's going to a new service at the end of the month.

Business as usual...just without the website right now...I guess we've all come to depend on the web presence...

Is Windows a Virus?

Is Windows a Virus?

No, Windows is not a virus.
Here's what viruses do:

1. They replicate quickly - okay, Windows does that.

2 Viruses use up valuable system resources, slowing
down the system as they do so - okay, Windows does
that.

3 Viruses will, from time to time, trash your hard
disk - okay, Windows does that too.

4 Viruses are usually carried, unknown to the user,
along with valuable programs and systems. Sigh...
Windows does that, too.

5 Viruses will occasionally make the user suspect
their system is too slow (see 2) and the user will
buy new hardware. Yup, Windows does that, too.

Until now it seems Windows is a virus but there are
fundamental differences: Viruses are well supported
by their authors, are running on most systems, their
program code is fast, compact and efficient and they
tend to become more sophisticated as they mature.

So Windows is not a virus.
It's a bug.

Back on topic

Message now on screen when you try to visit Rick's site:

Welcome to
motoelekt.com!

Our new web site, powered by EarthLink Web Hosting, is currently under construction.

We hope you'll be patient and check back with usÔÇöwe expect that new web site will be available soon. Thanks!

i talked to rick about an hour ago. all is well. i called him on the 866 6686353 number. website should be back shortly.

How about if I start a thread who's title is that your business is gone when you are just doing normal website stuff?

Just sayin' ;)

Last edited:
Back