• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Iron Horse Lodge in NC...

HERRBAYEMVAY

Lovin' my CLC!
Just wonderin' if anyone out there has stayed at this new "Motorcycle-only" resort near Deal's Gap in NC called the "Iron Horse Lodge". Our club (Upstate SC BMW Motorcycle Club) is going to be staying there Aug. 20-22. It supposedly opened only last June and is just a few miles away from The Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, Fontana Dam and some other fine roads. Their website (www.ironhorsenc.com) looks nice, but I wonder what anyone who has actually camped or stayed there has to say about the place. Anyone with a review? :brow

I stopped in for a tour of the place back in May. I then camped in early June. They have a great place. Very friendly and also very clean. Also great food. You fill out your breakfast menu for the next morning when you check-in. Don't tell anyone else about this, but they weren't serving dinner the night I got there. And I was too tired to ride out to get something. I was standing around outside and John comes out and says they have some leftovers from the night before and Charlene will have it ready for me in a few minutes. Great hospitality!!!
They also have an overhang on the pavilion so you can keep the bikes out of the weather. And if you need to, there's a huge supply of towels for cleaning up the bike.
I'm planning on a return visit as soon as possible.

Doug Roorda
99K1200LT
Manchester,TN

I was there a week ago. The owners or managers (not sure which) came out to our bikes to greet us personally, the rooms were clean and comfortable (we stayed in a cabin) and the other guests were friendly. The grounds are lovely.

I highly recommend it and would stay there again. Perhaps best of all, they serve a great breakfast since town is so far away.

If you go, please report back on your trip!

Danke sehr, Boxer Grrlie! Really looking forward to checking this place out myself! BTW, I saw a pic of you shaking hands with someone at a BMW dealership that looks a WHOLE lot like Touring Sport BMW in Greenville, SC (where I take my R65 for service). Have you been by there recently? (Just curious!)

Yep! I was there last week - met a private seller and bought a bike. Touring Sport looked the bike over for me. Tell Frank and Melissa hello and that they're great - they were so nice to fit me into their busy schedule.

Have fun at the Iron Horse Lodge!

Boxer Grrlie...

Ah, yes, I remember that bike! Seen it a few times at Touring Sport and talked to the owner as well. You're right - It IS one suh-weeeet scoot! It should be quite a change in "personality" from your prior steed of choice! Enjoy!!!

Gute Reisen!

PS... I WILL have a review of the Iron horse after our club campout in a couple of weeks, too! :)

Back