• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

I can't take the cabin fever anymore

kreinke

I took my first 100 mile ride today!

25 degrees...no sweat. Aerostitch vest was warm and toastie. The Bandit fired on the first touch of the starter button. The new Continental Contiforce tires are sweet!

I stopped at Bala's H-D in Mauston and sat on an XR1200. Very cool bike. Nice workmanship. Really tall though. It felt about 1 inch higher in the seat than the Bandit. Also, I should mention that the seat is about as comfy as the dirt tracker the bike is made to emulate.....In other words, it's about 5/8" of leather covered foam on hard plastic. Uggh! Definately not worth the $10,700 they have on the price tag.

From Mauston I took a ride up to Necedah along Catle Rock Flowage, wary sand and wet patches.

'Ol Burt was right. You really do live more in five minutes on a motorcycle than some people do in a lifetime. :D

I took my first 100 mile ride today!

25 degrees...no sweat. Aerostitch vest was warm and toastie. The Bandit fired on the first touch of the starter button. The new Continental Contiforce tires are sweet!

I stopped at Bala's H-D in Mauston and sat on an XR1200. Very cool bike. Nice workmanship. Really tall though. It felt about 1 inch higher in the seat than the Bandit. Also, I should mention that the seat is about as comfy as the dirt tracker the bike is made to emulate.....In other words, it's about 5/8" of leather covered foam on hard plastic. Uggh! Definately not worth the $10,700 they have on the price tag.

From Mauston I took a ride up to Necedah along Catle Rock Flowage, wary sand and wet patches.

'Ol Burt was right. You really do live more in five minutes on a motorcycle than some people do in a lifetime. :D

Mauston! Necedah! Castle Rock Flowage!! Nice area up there. My brother has a cabin just outside Mauston and I've fished the flowage.....nice! Gotta make it up there on the bike this year.

My GS is coming out today too. When I got home from work yesterday I found the ice finally gone from my way out of town.

The new tag was put on last night in anticipation for today! :thumb

Got a few miles in after a quick maintenance check. :dance

Still a lot of sand and slick spots out there (at least in central MN)

Be careful - have fun.

46 degrees, sun is out with just a slight breeze....from the sound of the bikes going by my place....I'd say Spring has sprung! Here's hoping the potholes are filled before I get my bike out of storage at month's end!

Safe rides, guys.

190 miles on my '78 RS Saturday....

....the fourteenth. A little on the cool side here in Iowa. I saw two bikes out on the open highway. I stayed on the back roads, running the two laners at 50-60 miles an hour. All in all a fun day! That old bike ran GOOD!

A wonderful 58 in the twin cities. I rode the 250 Kawasaki today from my house to the Mississippi to set and watch the bald eagles latch on to the big carp feeding on the surface, just past the icy edges of the river. Great day riding!

I have been riding on and off all winter. Anytime it get 40 or above and the road are clear I am out, but yesterday I got my wife out and we road for about an hour. That is a sure sign of spring. My Son-in-law from Boston took his Pheonix out for 4 hours today and road up into the mountians.
ReadyToRide.jpg

My GS is coming out today too. When I got home from work yesterday I found the ice finally gone from my way out of town.

Nice to see someone from NoDak getting out. The highways are clear around here, but the residential areas have four inches of slush. I have at least another week of waiting before I can get out.

Got out Saturday and put some miles on, sweet. Sunday AM the garbage disposal decided to break so off to Home Depot and spent a couple hours replacing with only 1 return trip to HD because as we all know, we always have to get the turbo charged replacement and it was a different size and that leads to plumbing changes!
Did get out and had a wonderful ride around the lakes in Scott county.

All systems ready!

:nod

Back