• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

OHIO Riders, former OHIO based riders, and Illinois riders

ultracyclist

I am trying to get some history on a 1996 R1100R, Black, after market windscreen, BMW System cases, and a Russel Seat. The bike only has 28K miles on the clock. There may have been a Laminar Lip or other accessory on the screen.

The last 7 digits of the VIN are: 6379677

There is a relatively clean BMWMOA membership sticker on the rear fender.

The bike was delivered in OH in 1996. In 1998 all factory recalls were completed regarding the ignition switch and wiring harness. Found its way to Illinois by the second owner.

Second owner may have been a collector and a member of an Illinois BMW riding club. It is now for sale by the third who lives in Illinois, and he wants to buy a Honda because the bike is too heavy for him.

I am interested in buying the bike, but I am trying to piece together the service history.

Please PM me if you have info. TIA, Howard

Back