• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Big Bend, TX

BajaBum

Am considering a trip to Big Bend during the spring. The plan is to trailer the bike from New Orleans to the National Park to camp and tour on two wheels. Any comments,guidance or warnings are welcome. :ear :ear :ear

That was our plan three years ago this spring.

Warning! You might get stuck like we did.

We fell in love with the people and the place and live here in a little adobe with a big motorcycle shop. Just right for the two of us.

Voni
sMiling

Join US

Our club, San Antonio BMW Riders, goes out Spring and Fall, so if your there Mar 26-31 join us, these are the best times, good temp and beautiful weather.

Warning!

1. Watch out for the largest Bluebonnets you have ever seen!!

2. Be going less than the speed limit as you approach Marathon, Texas.

Hey, Voni -

Is El Camino de R?¡o open all the way to Presidio? Last time I was out there I could only get as far as Lajitas...

I saw you and Paul in Marathon, but couldn't flag you down for a chat.

It is open all the way. Enjoy one of the most beautiful roads in TEXAS or anywhere!

Sorry we missed you.

Voni
sMiling

Hey, Voni -

Is El Camino de R?¡o open all the way to Presidio? Last time I was out there I could only get as far as Lajitas...

Rode it Sunday -- from Presidio all the way to Terlingua -- the road's in good shape -- you can see places where they've recently repaved. Made a 4-day run from Houston to see the Davis Mountains and Big Bend through the storms on Friday to find clear blue skies for 3 more days of incredible rides in the wide-open spaces of West Texas. :thumb

Back