• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Brunswick Four Corners

T

tburt1969

Hey there,

In the spirit of adventure, I thought I'd set a little goal for the riding season of 2009 for those of us in the Northeast. Since I am not blessed with copious amounts of time off, like some of us here (still have to pay the mortgage, bills, cut the grass, play with the kids, wife, go to work, etc) so why not have a little fun with a couple of one day trips or, a 2-3 day trip. Someone on the Nova Scotia Dualsport club website had proposed the Nova Scotia 4 corners which inspired me to do the New Brunswick 4 Corners.

So I sat down with my Garmin Trip Planner and came up with these coordinates for the trip.

NE Corner N48 00.559 W64 29.467 Miscou Island
SE Corner N46 06.302 W63 46.394 Cape Tormentine
SW Corner N44 36.368 W66 54.532 is on Grand Manan Island (ferry ride)
NW Corner N47 18.266 W69 01.508 St. Francois de Madawaska area

Because the SW corner is on Grand Manan and involves a 2 our ferry ride, and in case some of you get seasick, or just don't have the time. The alternate SW Corner is N45 04.630 W67 04.918 St. Andrews

To prove that you've been at the four corners take a picture of yourself at each of the places and post here. I have never been to any of these places so it's a mystery to me too.

The mileage from my home in Rothesay, NB, works out to be 1525kms or 948 miles for the metrically challenged.

Cheers
Terry

that sounds like a nice little run. Although we have a lot on our plate (Salty Fog Rally hosting on September 1), this looks like a bit of fun. Anyway, we'll keep an eye on your plans. Done enough 'iron butt' riding so would look at this as more laid back and enjoying some of the grand sights of New Brunswick. -Bob

Nova Scotia

Greetings:

I am planning a 10 day trip to Nova Scotia this Summer (K1200 GT). I have searched the forum posts and threads to find as much information as possible, to no avail, am i doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Rick

Greetings:

I am planning a 10 day trip to Nova Scotia this Summer (K1200 GT). I have searched the forum posts and threads to find as much information as possible, to no avail, am i doing something wrong?

Rick

do a search on Salty Fog and lots of related info will pop up. Drop me a line though if yer still left scratchin' yer head. - Bob

Greetings:

Rick
You could also read about my adventure up to Nova Scotia over 10 days on my blog. It was awesome and I saw go. That's what I did. I did meet up with touringo for the first Salty Fog but that wasn't the plan per se. I just wanted to go.
If you have any other question feel free to ask although I am sure others will have much better info than me. While up in Meat Cove our group met some guys from Boston. Here is their story of the trip on Adventure Rider.

Hey Effexer,

Yup, on paved roads, that's what I have mapped out on my GPS.

Hey there,

In the spirit of adventure, I thought I'd set a little goal for the riding season of 2009 for those of us in the Northeast. Since I am not blessed with copious amounts of time off, like some of us here (still have to pay the mortgage, bills, cut the grass, play with the kids, wife, go to work, etc) so why not have a little fun with a couple of one day trips or, a 2-3 day trip. Someone on the Nova Scotia Dualsport club website had proposed the Nova Scotia 4 corners which inspired me to do the New Brunswick 4 Corners.

So I sat down with my Garmin Trip Planner and came up with these coordinates for the trip.

NE Corner N48 00.559 W64 29.467 Miscou Island
SE Corner N46 06.302 W63 46.394 Cape Tormentine
SW Corner N44 36.368 W66 54.532 is on Grand Manan Island (ferry ride)
NW Corner N47 18.266 W69 01.508 St. Francois de Madawaska area

Because the SW corner is on Grand Manan and involves a 2 our ferry ride, and in case some of you get seasick, or just don't have the time. The alternate SW Corner is N45 04.630 W67 04.918 St. Andrews

To prove that you've been at the four corners take a picture of yourself at each of the places and post here. I have never been to any of these places so it's a mystery to me too.

The mileage from my home in Rothesay, NB, works out to be 1525kms or 948 miles for the metrically challenged.

Cheers
Terry

Hello Terry. This is a long time ride of the NB BMW Riders Club based in Fredericton NB. We have a plaque for it which is currently at Ben's Trophies getting my name added to it for 2008.

The accepted corners are: Confederation Bridge, St Stephen (Sign by the rotary, or the next one in by the restauant or Customs), Lac Baker (Baker Lake) post office and the sign at the entrance to Miscou Island. Bonus if you go to the Lighthouse that was on a Iron Butt ride. Do the ride in one day, two three or four days whatever. I normally do the two northern ones in one day around 1100 kms for me out of the Hanwell area.

Drop a line if you want to talk up about this or meet somewhere. We have around 18 members in our club.

Richard

Back