• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Ontario was HOT today !!

jimfastcar

What a nice day, but the temptress is trying to seduce us, do not fall for it my little ones, do not fall in her grasp - Winter is not over yet.....

Went for a ride around the block, just the helmet - no ATGATT. I know, I know....

God, the RT can fly !! - I ramble, be gone Winter :bluduh

Pilled on the ATGATT, wobbled up the gravel driveway and hit the ashphalt with the rear tire spinning...straightned her up and woooosh...up the road I went!

What a rush, March 07! I have been out in Jan/Feb before but those were real flukes. Today was a wonderful break from the winter blahhhhhssss.

4-5 other bikes at the local Tim's so smiles all around. Back home and renew the dino so ready for the 'real' season to begin. Another month should really see the backside of winter thru the door...

Jim

I went out yesterday afternoon (March 9 Sun.) It was'nt as warm as I thought. Still for a hour or so it felt great.:thumb

Haven't pulled mine out of storage yet. I was thinking the last week of March / first week of April. BMW Toronto is planning a group ride on March 21, may be a little optimistic but I am hoping...

Ontario's a BIG province,weather at this side is goin'in the crapper today!:banghead
I have the airport weather bookmarked,from'cross the river in Minn,am about 10 miles from the airport..

Attachments

• IMG_1120_640x480.JPG
    IMG_1120_640x480.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 101
The posts cannot be real,No one would live where there is snow and low temps in March.Weather here in the South upper 70's with lots of sunshine,Great day for a ride
GVPurvis
07RT
Central Alabama

The posts cannot be real,No one would live where there is snow and low temps in March.Weather here in the South upper 70's with lots of sunshine,Great day for a ride
GVPurvis
07RT
Central Alabama

I guess there are some hardships connected with living in God's country.:ca

Not "ALL" Is well down South

As I will be attending the Georgia Rally the first week of May, I've been in touch with some of thier members. Just recieved an email saying they got 7 inches of snow and no hydro for two days. This was just north of Atlanta Ga. I say......hahahahaha.

The new issue of Cycle Canada has an article on Friday the 13th. That's Friday February the 13th, 2009.

Nice write up.

Fellow Ontarians:

There's six of us in this thread and only one of gvpurvis.

What say we all go down to Alabama(in July), beat up on him and steal his beer eh?

Just kidding but I am jealous.

Awoke to only a dusting of snow this morning in S.W. Ontario. Spring must be getting close. Haven't seen any robins yet.

Meet me at LuLu's in Gulf Shores and I'll buy the beer.The beach in July is great for seafood and girl watching.LuLu's (Jimmy Buffetts sister)has some of the best fried shrimp and oysters around.Or if that is not casual enough,there is always the Flora-Bama on the beach.
Vic Purvis
07RT:usa
Maylene,Al

Fellow Ontarians be careful out there. Seems like car drivers are not quite ready for us yet. A middle aged man riding a scooter was seriously injured this morning while attempting a left turn. Bad, very bad. The BMW automobile sustained some serious damage when it struck the light pole.

Road closed for 4 hours (7:30 to 11:30 am)

It happened right by my work.

Fellow Ontarians:

There's six of us in this thread and only one of gvpurvis.

What say we all go down to Alabama(in July), beat up on him and steal his beer eh?

Just kidding but I am jealous.

Go to Alabama in July.. sure, beat him up..nah, steal his beer..why, American beer is like making love in a canoe... :stick

On the up side, I get mine out of storage this weekend :burnout

Boycott winter, it's time to ride.

Woke up this morning with a foot of fresh snow just 100 ks north of TO.
I drove to Orilla yesterday. Sure glad I still have the four snow tires on. The slush on the 400 was especially treacherous. I counted about eight cars/SUVs in the ditch there and back. Also saw about 18 snow plows but fortunately they were always on the other side of the medians and I did not have to join the slow procession behind them. Of course this morning I had to clear the slippery steps and driveway and put salt down to keep the mail carrier safe. Winter should be totally be gone by the end of May or sometime if one is patient.:ca

Back