Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Whats for Dinner?

Whats for Dinner?

My Wife's Jill's birthday last night and this surf and turf of butterfly tiger shrimp, sirloin and other taste treats were consumed by all! German Chocolate cake is NOT pictured...

Yummy

Knowing the regulars on this forum, I know you would appreciate.

So much for the diet!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by redclfco; 06-03-2008 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redclfco View Post

So much for the diet!
    well, the veggies, shrimp and steak are all on the weightwatchers core program...

ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    '67 Trail 90 || '86 R80 G/SPD+ || '97 F650ST || '00 1150 GS || '07 Xchallenge || '13 CB500X || '14 Grom

Looks Great

Dinner at my house on given Thursday, Catskill Mt. Rainbow Trout with Baby Clams in white wine and Zucchini Rounds.... I love Spring Time
    Own: '13 K1600GT & '95 K75
    Owned: R1200GSA, GS & K1300GT

Intermediate Adventurer Newstar's Avatar
    I have a birthday.....will you cook for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Newstar View Post
    I have a birthday.....will you cook for me?
    How about Prawns with Caramelized Cherry Tomatoes and white wine. Garnish of Toasted Garlic, Artichoke Hearts and Polenta Points? .....and of course a big oaky chardonay

Quote Originally Posted by CWaterous View Post
    How about Prawns with Caramelized Cherry Tomatoes and white wine. Garnish of Toasted Garlic, Artichoke Hearts and Polenta Points? .....and of course a big oaky chardonay
    Dang Chris! Nice presentation!... did you say you went to the CIA, too?

Yeah, I did nearly 20 years ago.. I'm cookin computers now and I make swingin dinners as a creative outlet to the monotony of software engineering and keep my skills at least with in scope of getting a gig when I short out on a customer in the board room. I'm saddlin up my GS right now to hit the market for tonight
    Cheers!

Orange ginger marinated barbeque'd pork loin with orange marmalade ginger glaze and Macaroni Salad.

Or

Pan seared sushi grade ahi with mango chutney on a bed of rice.

Intermediate Adventurer Newstar's Avatar
    Dang! You guys are making me look bad! Since returning home from a vacation in Ireland last week, the thought of cooking has done me in. All I've managed are burgers and dogs on the grill.

I've had to write two menus this week for one of my restaurant customers and I've spent most of the time staring at a blank screen. Next time, I'll just call on Chris!

p.s. I love oaky wines! Do anyone of you have a wine shop nearby called Vino 100? I highly recommend them for some fabulous and inexpensive wines.

I mangled a perfectly good filet of fresh Gulf O' Mexico Red Snapper, my favorite . Grilled ( stuck to the grill cause I slacked and din't clean and lubricate it first) over buttery sweet Mexican Cherry Tomato Cous Cous and dressed with Roasted Serrano + Sweet Herb Salad and Citrus Vinaigrette. I still ate the whole pile I made on our plates with a nice old vines organic Zin from the Mendocino Valley. Sorry, no picture, it wasn't pretty but my wife thought it tasted great.
    Last edited by CWaterous; 06-04-2008 at 11:23 AM.

BONEY..... Who gets the wine glass, you or your wife?

BUDDINGGEEZER
    Since this started as a birthday dinner thread and my birthday has been announced, I will tell ya'll what my birthday super is. Dinner was a ham samich. (Dinner is the noon meal down south.)

Usually a great meal is possum. I can get out after dark and clip them right behind the head on my K100. Doesn't mess the meat up that way. Them runnin lights work real good for spottin 'em.

But tonight, a feast. Armadillo or possum on the half shell.

Ralph Sims

tonkandy
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddingGeezer View Post

Ralph Sims
    Steer clear of the Armadillo, they carry leprosy. At least that's what I read in the Times Picayune a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddingGeezer View Post
    Since this started as a birthday dinner thread and my birthday has been announced, I will tell ya'll what my birthday super is. Dinner was a ham samich. (Dinner is the noon meal down south.)

Usually a great meal is possum. I can get out after dark and clip them right behind the head on my K100. Doesn't mess the meat up that way. Them runnin lights work real good for spottin 'em.

Ralph Sims
    I can just imagine you typing this to the effect of several dozen Northerners with their jaws dropped and screwed-up eyes. (I'm one of those Northerners who's fortunate enough to have much family spread around the South, so I totally getcha).

Either way you cut it, Ralph, it was your birthday meal and whether it was possum on the half shell or lobster thermador, it was a meal fit for a king-for-a-day: You!