• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

windscreen

• Thread starter davemulac@yahoo.com
  • Start date
D

davemulac@yahoo.com

I have a 2005 GS1200 and would like to find a good windscreeen that offers some noise and wind protection. Has anyone replaced their srock windscreen with a better option? Any input would be appeciated.

I put a cee bailey on my GS w/ the wind wings and I dig it, super easy to install and it really made a difference w/ wind and noise, but I can still see over it which I like.

Try this: take your windshield off the bike and take a ride. Is there more noise or less? When I tried that it put my helmet in "clean air" resulting in less noise. My response was to cut down my stock windshield and keep it in the lowest position.

p-20060523-112406.jpg

That gives me enough wind protection most of the time. This time of year I add a Touratech spoiler. It's noisier, but blocks some of the cold air that would otherwise
hit my chest.

p-20080226-1310-3613.jpg

// marc

Last edited:
One word: Aeroflow.

After messing around with cheaper "solutions" I finally bit the bullet and bought an Aeroflow. It transformed my 12GS. After ~37,000 miles and three years I can say with confidence that it is the best modification I've ever made to a motorcycle.

Do a search for mine and others' Aeroflow reviews here and at ADVrider. Also, read the "Windscreen" sticky at the top of ADVrider's GSpot forum.

Back