Thread: Is this a good deal?

r100rsman

Is this a good deal?

I found a really nice 2002 R1150GS and I am thinking about buying it and wanted to check to see if its a decent deal.

2002 R1150GS, 5k miles, abs, heated grips, side bags, crash bar, after market fog lights and a Corbin. The bike is immaculate!! It's a local one owwner bike and was just traded in and as part of the deal the dealer is going to do a complete service and put new tires on it. They are firm at $7000.

I think that may be a little high for an 2002 but considering the condition, miles and its being purchased from a dealer i think its not a bad deal.

What do you think??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by r100rsman View Post
    I found a really nice 2002 R1150GS and I am thinking about buying it and wanted to check to see if its a decent deal.

Thanks
    YES

JAMESDUNN

Second that "Yes".

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassPicker View Post
    YES
    I second that,"Yes".

yes
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com

Hmmm.....1150GS that is not even really broken in (20K on the odo is "broken in" for Oilheads). Lots of farkles, complete dealer service and and new tires for $7000.

I must agree with the others: this sounds like a Very Good Deal.

Enjoy your ride!
    Onward, through the fog!

What kind of warranty will the dealer put on the bike? How was the bike stored? The biggest issue with a "barn bike" is that seals will be out of condition, and grease will have turned to gum. Shocks, drive shaft, engine and transmission seals, along with the brakes will all be areas to keep and eye on.

Where is this bike, exactly?

r100rsman

Smile

thanks everyone for your input. I think i am going to buy it. Also, i believe the warranty is at least 30 days but maybe be more. And the bikes location. lets just say east of the Mississippi. :-)

Registered User ALIENHITCHHIKER's Avatar
    NOT A GOOD BUY

DON"T DO IT

Now, if you'll let me know where the bike is I'll report the dealer for trying to scam you.
    Steve
    Current Hottie: '00 R1100RT
    Old Flames: '85 K100RT, '80 Yamaha XS850, '67 Triumph Bonnie, '66 Honda 90 Scrambler

r100rsman

Update

Just thought I would let everyone know that I picked up my new 02 GS last weekend and I love it. Only put 150 miles on but its pure heaven.

Compared to my DL1000, its smoother, more stable, more refined and it handles better. I do however have to say I think my old VStrom as it was set up (PCIII and Two Bro pipes) is quicker than the GS but i think as i get more time in the saddle i will be able to ride the GS smoother and faster than the DL.

Any how I could not be happier with my choice to go withthe GS.

Cheers