• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What is your current screen saver?

The awesome road that is US 129. Ridden this road for many years on many different bikes and it is just unbelievable how agile the GS is, especially with a good set of road tires on.
image.jpeg

summer%202012%20033-XL.jpg

My current screen saver

Here she is - a 1983 R80 g/s (always loved the white ones). My first BMW was a blue R80 g/s in 1985. As a part of the wooing process, Don gave me this bike back in 2005 - I think he understood me, even then. 14,000 kms (8,700 miles) on the clock and garaged almost exclusively for over 20 years by her original owner, I ignored the 'wisdom' that said she should be preserved in her then current state and proceeded to ride her everywhere.
The person on her is Linda Bootherstone who, back in 1985, founded the South Australian chapter of WIMA - the Women's International Motorcycle Association. We were all pretty new to riding BMWs then but Linda's stories were fantastic. She has been riding for more than fifty years. In 1967 she went into Russia and later, in 1974 she rode from her home in the UK down through Africa and eventually on to Australia, by herself on a 17 y.o. 500cc BMW.
This photo was taken at a Christmas picnic with the current members of our chapter in December 2015. Linda was having a little trip down memory lane. Good friends, good times, good memories.

Attachments

• R80g:s with Linda low res.jpg
    R80g:s with Linda low res.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
No screensaver, screen just goes off after 20 minutes of non-use.

Desktop wallpaper changes every 30 minutes to a different random picture from about 300 in a specific folder. About 40% landscapes, 20% wildlife, 20% motorcycle related, the rest astronomical, weather phenomena, a few optical illusions and memes. Virtually all interesting photos collected from the internet, with few snapshots of my own added in.

CedarFallsreversed.JPG

Last edited:
Back