• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

3 1300 topic

Matthew,

Value = product at a price.

You got a lot of value when you bought your bike. Enjoy the ride.

BTW I ride a 97 RT. Great bike when it came out, great bike now.

I hadn't read about the optional shift-assisting thing before either.
The throttle sounds goofy, it better work right. Sounds like a throttle by wire, but with cables too? Like they're not sure it will work OK so we better have cables just in case? I bet it'll be lots off fun to control the throttle if the servo quits. Y'know other companies DO have throttle by wire, BMW.........

Gilly

Well...it's ad copy. The throttle is just two cables such as what was used on the LT first. They need a regular "on" cable and with cruise control, an "off" cable.
In the case of the K1300S and R, there is no cruise. But I see it coming since there are two cables now. The K1200RS did not have cruise at first, but I noticed that it did have the throttle grip assembly needed for the two cable cruise since the beginning. The K1300GT of course has a similar two cable setup and it has cruise. There is no servo motor that I have been able to find in the latest parts fiche. Maybe the writer is confusing the throttle stop motor which was on every S, R and GT since '05.

Obsolete?

We all buy our bikes, new or used, to have a nice bike to ride, or to have a new toy to show off.. Given that BMW's are build like tanks and last for years it is no surprise that before you sell or wear yours out, a bigger,badder,faster,techie'er model will appear, and yours will be "the old model".

Back