• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Returning Newbie

k1600GTrider

Hi
After riding HD's for the last 10 years I am switching back to the Beemer world. I have purchased 2009 1300GT. Bike should be here next week. I ordered the "Red" color. Looking forward to the experience and info from the experts here on the forum.

Don S

Hi
After riding HD's for the last 10 years I am switching back to the Beemer world. I have purchased 2009 1300GT. Bike should be here next week. I ordered the "Red" color. Looking forward to the experience and info from the experts here on the forum. Don S
You have certainly chosen a nice ride for getting back into the BMW fold. Welcome back!

Hi
After riding HD's for the last 10 years I am switching back to the Beemer world. I have purchased 2009 1300GT. Bike should be here next week. I ordered the "Red" color. Looking forward to the experience and info from the experts here on the forum.

Don S

Welcome back pakyohmeca
welcome8.gif

As you put the red Grand Tourer through it paces please don't forget to send me a touring tip.
SpinningRoundel.gif

Please come back here with stories and pictures.

I once owned the 1200GT and the machine was extraordinarily responsive. For a big machine it easily left its shadow behind.

I'll bet that you'll notice the extra 100 HP.

More than the power is the super suspension. The front end on this bike is incredible and it is 300lbs lighter than the Harley.

Don S

100 EXTRA Horsepower!!!

I'll bet that you'll notice the extra 100 HP.

Cheers - and ride safely.

In my opinion, that is the problem with the direction in which the new bikes are going. Sure you will most definitely notice it, but do you need it? Guess I must be getting to old, but I still enjoy riding, low and slow, just enjoying the smells, sights, sounds and the things that you just don't see when inside a cage! :gerg

I suspect your neighbors will appreciate the quietness of the BMW, as well.

The quietness will make long rides more enjoyable and less fatiguing than on a Harley, too. This really shows up on trips of more than one day.

I suspect your neighbors will appreciate the quietness of the BMW, as well.

The quietness will make long rides more enjoyable and less fatiguing than on a Harley, too. This really shows up on trips of more than one day.

Those HD's are sure loud!! I say that now every time I hear one go by the house and the family just chuckles.
I am banking on being less fatigued after a couple of days riding. I believe that will happen.

Don S

Back