• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Motorrad Elektrik stuff

I bought a glass mat battery a few years ago from Rick and replaced the voltage regulator and battery tender to accomodate the new battery. Three years later and all is well.

Yup!

Plug and play. I have the charging system, the LED tail light and the nifty little LED work lite from Rick.

I had an issue with one of his diode boards and Rick replaced it quickly for no charge.

That is what service is supposed to be like.

If there is a better, more reliable vendor than Rick at Motorrad Elektrik I haven't met him or her. Period!!

Ha. Wasn't questioning Rick when I started this thread. Dang, he's got quite a following. I was just wondering about the voltage regulator. Rick was very helpful on the phone. I ordered coils, condenser, etc from him, too. About to order more. I, too enjoy doing business with somebody like him.

:usa

Motorrad Elektrik

If all companies had a customer service dept. like Rick, we would be in a better economy and world. He has a true passion to his products and customers!!

I purchased a voltage regulator from Rick a couple of months ago after I had some intermetent electrical issues. It is lighter weight then stock. The body is plastic, instead of metal, and the connection prongs are shorter then I would perfer but it functions as desired. If I recall correctly, it also runs a slightly higher voltage.

Last edited:
I picked up a new ignition trigger module (the one that gets mounted to the heat sink with the white paste) after upgrading my coil. Much cheaper than OEM, the original now rides along as a spare. I fear the black boxes that show no visible signs of failure, they just stop working!!:cry

Rick's a class act. I'll never forget him refusing to sell some coils to me, because I didn't need them and would get no benefit from them. Lost a sale, gained a long-time customer. Wish there were more like him.

Yea, verily!

If there is a better, more reliable vendor than Rick at Motorrad Elektrik I haven't met him or her. Period!!

I bought a pair of ignition coils for my Airhead (a 1977 R100RS) and I could not be more pleased with the coils but ESPECIALLY the level of service I received.

Rick is not only very knowledgeable but is very helpful as well.

I'd do business with Rick again in a skinny minute. :bow

Back